Thursday, February 26, 2009

p. 365 - Layout for Feb. 17th...

I created this layout for Feb. 17th,
which was the day that Alexxis and I spent "Cuttlebugging".
CREATE seemed to be the most appropriate title to use, so I cut it out again using Plantin Schoolbook and the Cricut.
The large journaling strip reads,
"We all have our time machines.
Some take us back;
they're called memories.
Some take us forward;
they're called dreams."
I used the negative image {cut from the cricut} to stipple brush on some ink, then,
drew on the layout to resemble some "doodling"...
The parenthesis and the floral dragonfly design in the lower left corner
are also Cricut cuts; this time from the Home Decor cartridge. I distressed them
using TH's distressing inks - as with anything else that has been "aged" on this LO.
I added small green rhinestones over the top of the brads that are holding a
torn and tattered piece of mulberry paper in place.

I stipple brushed ink over the actual "create" lettering, then outlined the stippled brushing
using my black sharpie marker. The lettering was aged during the process, then "pop-dotted" over top.

I used the index print again to capture some of LO's previously created, before adhering
them to a strip of dark brown cardstock.
My journaling here on strips of cardstock reads,

"nothing ventured"

"nothing gained"

No comments: