Friday, February 13, 2009

project 365...

It's amazing how the subjects that are truly near and dear to my heart are coming more and more to my attention. I love how I took notice of my blog header yesterday and felt inspired to create this page. I used the cricut {Plantin Schoolbook} to cut out the the two "P's" and with a little trial and error, finally figured out how to manever the Stone Script so that I can weld some of the lettering together. Perhaps, the calligraphy would have been a better choice for me, but that's really neither here or there.
The rough cuts on my lettering were created accidentally when I adjusted the pressure off to medium, thinking that the K & Company cardstock wouldn't need as much pressure as the Bazill did. I was wrong! So, the jagged edging occured because I simply inserted the mat again and cut it again. Hopefully, I remember how I achieved this look later when I really desire to use it. I added in some charcoal black chalk to the lettering, then outlined it carefully using a Sharpie mini! {that's hard to capture in a photograph!}
Not everything in these photographs is actually attached to the page.
Only the 2 P's, the script spelling out the remainder of "Partly Paper" and the bottom
left corner details. I used an old, old prototype business card that I had designed for Partly Paper and since it included our old home telephone number, I added a postage page from a recent newsletter I'd received and a pop-dotted stamp clock. The swirl is another cricut
creation from the Home Decor cartridge.

In the first photograph, there's a sheet of K & Company cardstock set aside. I want to make an envelope or a pocket to hold a small tag style booklet, {perhaps, I'll use some of my chipboard coasters}with some of my favorite things about my blog tucked safely inside. The handwritten strip reads "est. Friday, December 31" and I want to cut the year {2004} out in about a 1" size to add yet.


The tag is walnut inked and stained and my journaling one reads,
"first post...

The Dreaded First Page

Things I collect:
art supplies, buttons, vintage images, epherma, and books.

I haven't gotten my blog header printed yet, but it will be added in here someway, somehow, along with some journaling of what blogging means to me and to wrap it all up, I may include whatever my last post is the day I finally this layout {or even yesterday's post/s} with a notation like "five years later" and "I'm still blogging" and I want to include at least one of my "From the Studio of Partly Paper" stamped images.
Yep! I'm gonna need that "mini-book" LOL!




Thank you, all my family and friends who visit, who comment, but most of all, "just being there".


No comments: