Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tuesday Adventures....

Little Miss arrived, bearing gifts of nature once again, so I was able to capture this photograph of her gifting me with an old, dried up leaf from our front yard. It was so funny as she made Daddy carry her up to the house from the car, but once inside, had to do a U-Turn to grab me a leaf. LOL! {At least now I have a great photo to go with the previously picked up leaf.}

And you know, "I wanna make cards!" followed very quickly.
Well, today, we had to improvise as I just wasn't prepared this time around. No cards cut or folded - no problem Alexxis can do that. {Hey! They may not be the straightest cuts or folds but bless her heart, she tries. LOL!} So, what's grandma to do? Well, drag out the Sizzix and the Cuttlebug dies; surely she's able to emboss...
Warnings we're issued re: what parts of the machine to keep our fingers out of and why, so Alexxis opted to help me bring the handle down only, making certain to tell me,
"Watch your fingers, MaMa!"
and all of us crafter's know how hungry all that paper playing makes us...
so Alexxis needed to stop and eat a bowl of fruit.

and "our" cuttlebug creations...


before the bike, the TV {gotta have Noggin on!}, climbing all over grandma, and Chaos became a bit more interesting! I didn't get a thing created for my next several pages for project 365 but I had just enough energy left to journal about our day.



Probably needless to say, Alexxis can certainly wear me out. By 8 o'clock, this girl was heading for bed! Yes, Me. Too many trips to the frig. prepping food, feeding, cleaning up afterwards, making dinner... picking up toys, picking up Alexxis - yeah! I know... taking the dog out, letting the dog in...playing Chutes and Ladders {Hey! We can make it to almost "twenty" now before she loses interest. Thankfully, Don pitched in and did up the dinner dishes! But I wouldn't trade one minute of our time together for anything else.
Love you, sweet girl. Mama.


3 comments:

~Just me~ said...

Awww what a cutie she is!!! She'll be crafty just watch :)

Cathy said...

Thank you, ~Just me~ ! I believe so, too.

Sue McGettigan said...

Your little DGD is adorable, and yes, they sure do wear you out! I'm babysitting my friend's 3 year old tomorrow, she's a little whirlwind but I just love her to pieces so I'm looking forward to it.