Saturday, March 14, 2009

WF 09 ~ Decorative Die-Cuts Challenge...

I am co-hosting this Decorative Die-Cuts challenge over at 2P's with Ann, so last night while I had little Miss overnight we created this crown/tiara!

I used the Cricut Expression and the Storybook cartridge to cut the crown at 5 1/2", then, cut again, this time shadowing it. I also used the daisy from the same cartridge to mount my MS white gold glittered letter "A" upon.

Eyelets add not only a decorative feature but hold a strap along the backside of the crown. Threaded with hand-dyed silk ribbon adds an additional touch of elegance. Pearls, rhinestones, and glittered thickers provide more dramatic bling, while a Jolee's dragonfly sticker adds just the right amount of whimsy.


I couldn't resist adding in just a few more flourishes.
These are stamped using Inkadinkado's flourishes.
{I believe I'll definately be making more of these --- especially for Mother's Day!}


No comments: