Saturday, June 20, 2009

Along the way to Cumberland Falls, Corbin, KY...

We learned from our first travel brouchure experience to check for more attractions close to and not so far off our beaten path along interstate traveling down I-75 South, but as soon as I spotted an advertisement for Cumberland Falls, just outside of Corbin, KY, I knew we had to get off and travel this well-beaten path! And I am so happy that we did! What an amazing experience it was...





A few miles from the falls is a wonderful overlook area, it isn't too big, as you can see but the views were absolutely amazing! It was here that we made our first new friend, JB Arnold, a truck driver out of Athens, TN. Have you ever felt as if you were destined to meet someone? Well, meeting JB was like that for me. He reminded me of my own daddy who also drove semi-trucks for a living, loved riding his motorcycle {when he was younger}. we instantly made friends with one another, chatted like old neighbors, exchanged cameras, and provided us with a Tennessee map! Thank you, my friend.... the pleasure of meeting you was all ours!!!






{Picture we took of JB...}





{Picture JB took of Don & I}...
Look at those views! {Be still my heart! }

No comments: