Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Monday morning started off bright and early! Don and I were up at 5 a.m. and were out the door by 6 a.m. to go pick up Amber. Together, we'd decided it would be best for Alexxis to sleep in and for me to notify Chris immediately of any changes in her condition. Her outpatient surgery went extremely well, {as well as can be expected under the circumstances.} Thankfully, there were no further complications, and we {She and I} were back in her home around noon. Don and I made a trip to the drug store to get her prescriptions filled, purchased a sympathy card, before returning to their home. We ordered a light lunch which Chris picked up and after eating, Amber and I both grabbed a little nap before I returned to our home in the early evening.
On Tuesday, still feeling the stress and coming down off the emotional rollercoaster of emotions, I rearranged my entire living room. I think I just needed something mind-less to do, just to keep myself busy and my thoughts from wondering you know where. Needless to say, it did very little for keeping my thoughts from straying and my heart from breaking.
Wednesday, I awoke feeling totally exhausted... emotionally and physically. You know that "run over by a truck feeling" but I was able to pull myself together enough to drag my butt into the beauty salon for a new color, highlights, and cut. Talking to Rita, my hairdress, helped immensely... she is such a sweetheart! The first thing she noticed is the amount of weight that I've loss. Some of her family and friends who had stopped by for a visit asked, " what are you doing to loose it?" Just smaller meals, eating less, and increasing my activity level more, I replied. {I have no idea of exactly how much weight I've lost since late November, but I'm back into some clothes that I was wearing when I worked at Silverline a few years ago - so I'd say at least 15-20 lbs. is gone. My face looks much thinner...} After picking me up, Don took me out for a spaghetti dinner @ our local Moose, and we picked up a few movies on the way home. The last thing I remember is waking up at 11 o'clock and making my way to bed, LOL!
Today's agenda is to rest and take care of me. Think I'll spend some time in the garden, maybe soak in the jacuzzi, lay in the sun, finish watching the moving I saw the beginning of, LOL! and start packing our suitcases. Don and I have decided to take a little road trip this weekend; we don't know where were heading yet, but were going somewhere!

No comments: