Monday, August 30, 2010

The serenity that I find while spending time in the garden is often beyond what I could have ever imagined. Everyday, there is almost always something new to discover, and that new discovery always promises to fascinate and amaze me. I love waking up in the early hours of the morning, while the world around sweetly slumbers, peering out the kitchen window and watch as life unfolds out of the darkness. I look forward to my early morning visits, while the dew is still wet on the grass, and it lays like sparkling diamonds across the tops of the flower beds. Sometimes, the periwinkle itself looks like a sea of glistening diamonds, especially in the evenings and in the summer moonlight. But yesterday, it was in the sunlight that I made this beautiful butterfly discovery.  I found it fascinating as I watched it flutter from on bloom on the periwinkle to another, thoroughly enjoying this 90 degree weather and the hot summer sun!



No comments: