Friday, March 04, 2005

Creative Chaos....

Creating the temporary binding for my Artful Journey Journal truly awakened my passion for creating books by hand. Lately, all my thoughts seem to be drifting towards creating more and more of them. I'm loving this stitched binding! Although, I'm certain that I don't want to end up with a ton of blank books, however if I keep practicing I could definately RAK them to friends. I'm certain many of them wouldn't complain, LOL! My sis, has already her name to the list....

The last several books that I've made are small versions and would be perfect to hold ATC's, mini collaged cards, stamped, altered....... even the binding itself would be beautiful junked up with danglings, bottles, and charms.

I'm sort of torn regarding what to do today... do I work on decorating some pages to be bound later into a book, create some collages, or learn a new stitched bookbinding ---- there is a beaded book binding that been calling my name. Then, so haven't my stamps...... and then, there is a new technique I've been desiring to try.

What I really need to be doing is cleaning my studio! What a mess I've made! I should admit that it isn't just the studio, but my living room..... from all the stuff I drug back into the house to be close to the scanner for ARTfest, LOL! Which by the way, really needs to be returned to the studio along with several boxes of supplies that haven't made it out in the first place. Then, there's always housework, the cabinet shelf that still needs one last coat of paint and varnished, and one last living room wall to joint compound, sand, and paint along the rest of the ceiling.

So, what am doing???? Playing on the computer.....updating my blog, visiting some online groups and message boards, the day's still young! :) for a little while anyways......

No comments: