Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Things that make you go "hmmm...."

I am all for giving credit where credit is due, however, what is one to do when giving credit is inadequate and more confusing? I discovered this yesterday re: the quote many of thought was by Geothe. It was shared by a friend who is a member of a Calligraphy guild: "Acording to the Goethe Society of North America it is not actually from Goethe.They attribute part of it to John Anster in a "very free translation" of Faust.They also attribute the quote in the larger context to W.H. Murray In "TheScottish Himalayan Expedition". I guess I now understand why there are so many "unknown" quotations about. Ah, well, I still plan to use it for my private artist journal, possibly putting unknown for the credit.

Yesterday was a great day! I began my TaeBo workout once again, only to discover what a great energy boost it was. I was zipping around here like crazy afterwards. I striped our bed of all the sheets and blankets, got those washed up and hung outside, then proceeded to "Spring clean" our bedroom. I made it through half of it before I got distracted, with the rest of my housework, LOL! Our bedroom is actually two rooms, we remodeled a year ago, putting in a header in a main wall, opening it up so when I say "halfway" it is quite an accomplishment actually. Don & I had an early lunch and an early dinner, thanks tocooking out on the grill and the use of the crockpot, which allowed me more time to accomplish what I set out to do. I also managed to drank well over my 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water; put my clean bed linens back on the bed; and enjoy a nice, hot, relaxing soak in the hot tub. All of which helped me sleep like a baby! I love the smell of sheets dried outdoors, even if I do toss them in the drier briefly to remove any remaining wrinkles and soften them up a bit more; today I feel great!

On today's agenda besides the TaeBo, is to clean out my dresser drawers of all reminants of winter clothing, I'm packing them up and moving them to the spare bedroom; starting a box of unwanteds to donate to either Goodwill or the Salvation Army. I believe I'll save my closet for tomorrow to avoid burning myself out. A little picking up, vacuaming and dusting will keep things in order.

I wanted to start walking again yesterday but I didn't manage to work it in so today I'm considering it. It is amazing how much you notice in your own neighborhood when walking vs. driving through it. There signs of spring everywhere; maybe I'll grab my camera today and shoot some pics.

No comments: