Friday, August 19, 2005

I actually accomplished quite a bit yesterday while organizing the studio. I got my scraps all gathered up and in a Highsmith 12x12 corragated box. My ephermera is in the hanging file folder container, I organized some of it --- this is something I can focus more on at a later date when organizing the entire studio isn't such a priority. I stumbled across a Pampered Chef bakeware organizer that I had taken out to the studio to use, I was able to use it for some vertical storage of the 12x12 paper that didn't have a home. I boxed up a scanner/copier/printer Chris had brought over and a smaller scanner ---- so now my computer center is cleaned! A major accomplishment I assure you. I have an empty photo box that I really have no use for so I'm thinking I may just create some cardstock cards and wind the organza ribbon around and use it for storage which will resolve another problem.

I have 9 small to medium sized boxes that will come in handy when getting into the attic to take the remaining supplies out into the studio. If I know me they will be so heavily packed it would take 3 men and a truck to budge them, LOL! The boxes will be handy to clear some of them out and make them lighter to move out.

Don called over to HL yesterday and had them hold two of the cd towers for me. We made the trip over after he got off of work to pay for them and to pick them up. They wouldn't take a credit card over the phone, against store policy, however, they did hold them! We stopped into Scrap N Stamp Ink to visit with Becky. She is looking good! Was in an upbeat mood and preparing for a Scrapbooking On the Wall class. The class examples were awesome! She showed me a display board just as you enter the store where they are doing the Featured Artist again and she asked me if I'd be interested in displaying my items in the store once again. Would I ever? Another opportunity to add to my portfolio, you betcha!

We then stopped for dinner at the Golden Corral. Had a nice relaxing dinner, thought about stopping off at Dennis & Sheila's on our way home, however, large looming dark clouds made us decide to drive on home. It began raining just outside of Ontario, just a light misty rain until we reached the outskirts of Marion where it became heavier. Luckily we were able to pull right up to the studio door and opening the Jeep rear door provided us some shelter while we unloaded the cd towers. I placed them right in front of the wall furnace {it isn't on} until I can get the existing shelves cleaned off and the item on them moved.

I'm excited that I purchased these; cannot wait to start filling them with CD cases of unmounteds...... I have some Cd's purchased already.... just need to determine what boxes they are in and begin. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my alphabets vs storing them in the 3 ring binders they are currently in. I noticed that I've misplaced one of my letter "A" alphabets. I'll need to search and rescue it.... which means if it doesn't turn up, I'll need to check the sweeper and trash before emptying them. Fun! {cannot wait to do that, LOL! Luckily for me most of it is paper and packaging.}

I'm still making a list of items needed, things that need done --- like the Drill press being assembled, curtains made for the bookbinding area, etc. I've a stack of stickers, ink pads, and embellishments that are in need of being put back away, I'm creating more piles so I can tackle them all at once when everything is in the studio, although if they are tending to get to big, I may tackle them before moving anything back in.

Don recently brought some of my shelving back home from the store, so I'm thinking there are brackets and additional shelving there that I may use vs. cutting the existing shelf in the cabinet down. Using the smaller shelves and having more brackets to support the shelving should solve the falling shelf problem and the long 8' shelf may just cut down for the cd towers shelving since it is already stained to match the oak veneer used in the studio. Would save me some time and money to just cut it to fit! I'm thinking I will probably look for some hardward brackets for the shelving as I am not too fond of the metal that runs behind the existing shelving.

I don't think we'll get rid of anything that I'm planning to replace but use it in the room upstairs adjacent to the attic. The sloping ceiling makes it a challenge to do much in that room, however, I'm thinking my dad maybe able to cut the metal bracket insert downs to fit the space. I've a lot of white paint left over from the living room remodeling so I'm hopeful once the weather cools off, I can get up there clean that up and paint the entire room white. Add in the shelving and utilize some of the furniture stored there, like an old desk, some outdoor lawn furniture etc. to create a space to organize some of the items we'd like to keep. There is an old doll house in the attic that I'd love to finish and upstairs would be the perfect place to do it. Heck, maybe Don would enjoy assisting with that project. I love to keep it for any *cough*cough* future grandchildren to play with.

No comments: