Friday, August 19, 2005

So as usual, I've plenty on my plate to keep me busy...... somethings I welcome the opportunity to do while others I'm not so crazy about as they will be taking away from my creative time. I am certain though that once these things are completed, I'm going to be a happier person. I am excited about the process and am proud of the accomplishments I am making with setting these small goals to achieve them. It is working out well and I am learning from them...... I guess that is what is most important. Of course, last night is the first night in a few that I haven't dreamt of cobwebs and an inch thick dust in the studio so I must be doing something right, LOL!

I'm looking forward to getting back to creating some art. Yesterday, Becky showed me a handmade book that she created . She wrote a story line to go along with it; mentioning she was getting a little tired of some of her empty books. Her book was titled "The Key to Happiness" and the text was about a young woman in search of finding happiness, the journey she took on her pursuit of it. It was beautiful and inspiring! A key on the front of the book and a box attached to the back cover, along with other paper art inside complimented the story line.

I think it is great how serendipity works for you because I just took an entire roll of photographs of Kingwood on Wednesday thinking I'd like to create "A Secret Garden" as a book theme. I've a lot of photographs from Kingswood, with a lot of the flowers in bloom from many different seasons to use in my book creation. I may try to find a small wire style garden gate to put on the cover, I can see some twistel woven and entertwined through it with some silk flowers hot gun glued to the cover........ I now have a lots of ideas which I plan to write down on a project sheet and simply brew for a bit before I begin it. It will be great to think of a kewl binding technique to utilize with the the theme of the book, Lord knows I've always into to experimenting esp. with book bindings!

No comments: