Monday, September 12, 2005

Confidence Boosters

As an artist, I, like most artist I know love to receive feedback on their artwork and handmade creations. When checking my email recently I received some feedback on two of the handmade Double Needle Coptic journals that I recently created. One as an Random Act of Kindness and another for payment for a special request of another artwork to be created for me. What a boost to my self-confidence these comments made. To some they may seem to be simply words, to me they meant the world! Thank you both! (you know who you are {smiles})

"The handmade book is very well done. I think I will decorate it and use it as our birding journal. The card and piano hinge book are very pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations in the future. You do such nice work."

and

"I received your cool book yesterday. Wow, it's awesome! Such outstanding workmanship. Thanks for sharing it with me! Now, what to put inside...."

(I didn't include the recipients of these journals names in because I was not certain if they'd desire their comments to be used in this fashion as a testimonial of my artwork. For some reason, I didn't think to ask. Another "artist" lesson learned.........)

No comments: