Thursday, September 15, 2005

The task of house breaking/training Chaos is going well. Okay, with the exception of me sleeping throught the night and no outside break overnight, my bad. Chaos couldn't hold it as I was unlocking the front door early this a.m. He squatted, began to pee, and stopped as soon as he felt my hand on his back. I quickly snatched him up and outside we went for him to take care of business. Thankfully, the floor is bare wood, easier to clean instantly and will be recovered one day. He has been feed this morning, a quick --- well, quick for him, walk around the acre and is now chewing his chew bone contently between trips to the closed bedroom door where he is sitting and whining after hearing Don's voice. He seems to believe since he is awake the entire household must be also.

Today's agenda is to do some light housework and be on dog training duty. I was hoping to be able to set up a table outside the studio to create some paste papers while Chaos adjusts to being tied up near me outside. I'm sure I'm in for a treat with that one since he seems to enjoy being under my feet. Anyways, it doesn't appear that the weather is going to co-operate with that artistic endeavor. I'm not too crazy about him being in the studio with me yet and am not certain if I desire for him be honestly. One part of me says I'd love the companionship while another part says he'd have a hay-day chewing on my paper, LOL!

He is getting slowly adjusted to chewing on his small bone, playing with his ball is now becoming a pasttime, as well as searching for a place to simply lie down....... He picks the small space between the ottoman and loveseat when desiring his solitude and lays at my feet or under the end table at others. I'm sure he'll find his way or pick his favorite spot as he grows.

Jordan seems to have taken to him about as much as a cat will, LOL! When it is conveinent for him to do so. Lady, loves him and we always pay her a visit while outside; so far so good. In the evening last night she howled for the opportunity to run, romp, and play with Chaos and I which wouldn't be so bad if she'd stay with us, however, she has to visit with Allie and Mocha {Shawn's two dogs next door} as well. Maybe as Chaos grows and Don assists we can try that one; Lady listens better to him simply because she is his dog.

Chaos is now snoozing in front of the chair but will be on his feet as soon as I seem to hit mine. He is learning to watch for them and so far, I haven't step on the little guy. I believe today is going to be an adventure for him as I plan to give him his first bath, one he will simply need to adjust too.... the faster the better. I'm hoping he adjusts as Isis did and will soon welcome the experience.

Chicken breasts are defrosting for dinner; believe I will fix some shake and bake, mashed potatoes, gravy and possibly bake a cake while the oven is on. Other than that, I may create some book covers or try an afternoon trip to the studio while Don works this afternoon. So, there you have it, my life in a nutshell.

I did make some follow-up calls on recent employment applications; checked online for available employment in the area, and will continue to search.... I'm also hoping to get back to creating soon to fill the display rack for Don's store to see how well that will go. The process continues.........

No comments: