Wednesday, September 14, 2005

We've a new addition to our family!

Ok, is this a midlife crisis or what? I quit a job I really begin to dislike and knowing I've one last paycheck coming for entire two days of butt breaking work and what do I go and do? Take some $$$ which I should have saved and go out an buy a NEW PUPPY!

Chaos is black labador retriever, only 4 weeks old, his momma has weaned him and as soon as I saw him I couldn't resist! . I reached my hand through the fence in the outdoor kennel and he came to me, licked my hand, wagged his entire body and my heart was lost forever.

Chaos is one of the 12 puppies I mentioned previously re: the possibility of being Dennis and Sheila's dog, Shadow's pups. So, I scooped him up with both my arms and my heart and back to Sheila's we went. Don said he knew as I soon as I left "to go look at the puppies" he knew I'd come home with one, LOL! Ironically, Shadow acted the "daddy" he is, lovingly licking Chaos, sniffing and welcoming him within his home. As a little time passed, Sheila and I noticed the same white star on Chaos's chest that Shadow has, stricking resemblance? co-incidence? We don't believe so, but then puppies of the same breed can possibly look alike, right?

Anyways, Chaos loves to ride in the Jeep already. No car sickness, no climbing all around, simply content to snuggle with me both front paws loving placed in the "I'm giving you a hug" posture while his face is snuggled into my neck and he nestled in my hair. A quick stop into WalMart for dog food ---- okay...., $38 later, it is now a dog collar, leash, worm medicine, chew bones for puppy, some treats for training, and some new toys, well, I think you see the pattern there, LOL!

We arrive home and while Chaos is investigating his new home, Shawn is bringing in the big dog crate, and Don and both are entranced! After an hour or so, several trips out side for pottinging/house training, we get Chaos settled into the crate in our bedroom for me to be awaken at 4 a.m. with yelping, crying and carrying on. I tried comforting him by putting my hand into the crate, softly whispering not to wake up Don, and Chaos continues to whine. So, feeling so sorry for him, open the crate remove him, move to the living room where we romp and play, make another potty trip outside in the cool night air only to return 15 minutes later so he can pee on my carpet! So, I gently but forcefully demonstrate my disapproval, take him back outside ---- like that really helps, LOL! Bring him back inside and confort him, telling him we are now his new family, make him promises to meet his needs, to love and care for him. Well that worked like a charm, he fell asleep in my arms, so I moved him back into the crate where he is resting peacefully, sound asleep while I'm wide awake after cleaning up puppy pee and updating my blog! Sheeesh....... I think I named him correctly, LOL!

What am I thinking? I just today filled out 3 new applications, know I'll be doing more job searching, and eventually returning to work, and I go and purchase a puppy? Who needs time, and training, and lots of love? Oh, the simple joys of life............. I hope Don will pitch in and help out, which I believe he will for I believe Chaos has already taken a piece of his heart as well.

Chaos will not be able to replace the love, the missing, the sharing I had with my studio bud, Isis, but he certainly will help to fill a void that has been lost within my life for the past 3 years. I never realized just how much I missed those sweet puppy kisses, the pitter-patter of being underfoot, the nearness, comfort, and joy that a pet can bring. I look forward to the challenge of training {yes, tomorrow night at 4 a.m. you may remind me I said that ;)}, sharing, the caring, and the love of our newest family member. Welcome home, Chaos!

{I'll try to post some pics soon but must warn you, he's a heartstealer!}

No comments: