Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Be inspired..........


Last night was one of my night's off this week so Don & I both decided we needed to get out of the house as cabin fever is beginning to set in. We all know what they say regarding, "All work, and no PLAY"...... so we decided to treat ourselves to an evening out for dinner. I was in a mood for some Smokey Bones, Pulled Pork, so to Polaris Parkway we traveled.

I'm certain if you've read my previously written blog entries, you've figured out by now that I LOVE to travel! Even if it only a few hours ride one way or both, it's freeing to my gyspy soul. Riding or driving provides Don & I an opportunity to catch up with one another's thoughts and feelings and there isn't anything that we cannot share with one another. Sometime during our conversation, my mind turned to ART, a recent swap, and I decided I'd like to make a few stops along the way. First, was Prism's Art Supply, which I quickly decided against, determining I always spend too much $$$ in there, especially when I'm not going in for something specific! Second stop, Stampland, which unfortunately was closed upon our arrival. If you've never been to Stampland, Norma, the owner, is a fabulous person who goes above and beyond customer service, and the store is filled with stamps, stamping supplies, and is a treasure trove of "Eye Candy!" So, we continued on down the road to Scrapbook Art, this time with a purpose to purchase 8 identical embellishments for the "Music of the heART" swap I signed up for.

I love themed swaps, especially one's where the hostess allows you to determine the style of art you desire to create. It makes for some very interesting interpretations as you view the return of the swap. Having my own set of pre-conceived thoughts, ideas, and techniques I'd like to try, I went in search of some new supplies to inspire me. Little did I know how expensive that would be!

Let's just say that I went "a little overboard", shall we? ROFLOL! I purchased embellishments for the swap, a half inch stack of red paper!, for some reason the color "red" has been inspiring me, and a new tote bag and tool!

The tote I purchased, is one of the new Making Memories Runway Tote which is absolutely gorgeous! Made of a stylish faux leather with beautiful white stitching, and lined with a sophisticated black and white polka dot material, it is ideally spacious, yet portable! It comes complete with a sholder strap, pewter hardware, a custom MM Tote Charm set, and a 12" x 12" Storage Box that accents its sleek design. I absolutely love it!

I'll be on the lookout for the Tote Tag to decorate in my own unique way and have an idea in mind already.

Another purchase, the tool, I previously mentioned is the Basic Grey Notch Tool. I'm certain, I'll find this tool useful in my Paper Arts and Bookbinding hobbies.

No comments: