Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sometimes, I wonder.........


Sometimes, I wonder why I desire to blog, to write my thoughts and feelings out in place where just anyone surfing the internet can stumble across my blog and read my most intimate thoughts and feelings. Other days, I wonder if anyone is reading it all!

Then, out of the blue, I receive an email telling me how it's beauty, truth, and reality related to someone who stumbled along, perhaps from my link on 2P's, or a link from another blog, or heard about it from a friend of a friend........... today was such a day! Now, I don't know how this person discovered my blog, but her comments truly inspired me. I'm hopeful she doesn't mind my sharing her email here:

Subject: thanks!

Dear Cathy
I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing and being real. :) I am also over 40. I am almost an empty nester but not quite.yet. And I LOVE scrapping and designing. Plus I am just discovering what a blog can bring to my life. :)
Thanks again.
Kathy

She also included a link to her blog, which I won't share without her permission, but can imagine my surprise when I discovered it was someone well known in the scrapbooking industry! Heck, I had once been a member of one of her Yahoo groups regarding studio organization and organization and time management techiques, have probably read at least a hundred of her well-written articles? I was truly floored! Little ole me ---- from a small city got noticed by someone of importance in an industry I definately can relate to. My mind began whirling with questions that I love to ask her........ for I'd truly love to pick her brain on so many ART related issues. Awhhhh, maybe one day.........

Anyways, in my recent blog rolling travels, I discovered it is "International" Delurking Week. This is the chance for anyone and everyone, myself included, to let another blog writer know you where there and your thoughts and comments on their blog. I know we all do it, in our blog surfing travels, we tend to lurk, read another's thoughts, share in their lives if only for a second in time; while other's are visited daily hoping there is another post, an update. Why not let that person know you were there? You love their thoughts, their ideas, their artwork. It only takes a moment but that moment truly makes another's day! So, in the spirit of "International Delurking Week" I've decided it is time that I too post comments or at least email the author to say, "I love what you're doing!"



In the event you prefer to remain anonymous, in the public forum, feel free to shoot me or any author an email. Here's mine: nchantin@yahoo.com

No comments: