Friday, January 20, 2006

It never ceases to amaze me.........





how you can think a thought, and find others who are on the same wave length with their thoughts, too. This happens often to me while creating, enjoying life, or whatever the task at hand may be. Maybe, it is because since it is something I desire for myself within my own life, I'm more tuned in to the thoughts and ideas when I actually discover them being thought about somewhere else. Whatever the case may be, I love the serendipity of those moments.

Lately, I've been talking about what I desire in my studio as far as my re-organizing effort goes, so I wasn't too truly surprised when I discovered another Pubster on 2P's, kimberleigh13, was equally as frustrated with her scrapbook space so she proposed a "Scrap the Crap: Disaster Clean Up Challenge" on the Pub message board. I haven't actually participated in the discussion as it is hard too when I work 3rd shift and really do not need yet another distraction, but I was surprised when I read her Day 1 challenges which seemed to coincide with my own thoughts previosly mentioned.

Here is kimberleigh's thoughts:

***envision what you want your space to ultimately look like (within your means and budget) ***take inventory and decide what things you will need (i.e. a bin, basket, maybe a dresser from an antique store, etc.) ***ask yourself if you are willing to purge old items (possibly sell stuff on ebay, give away some items) Remember - to make room for new, you need to purge the old. If you are like me and don’t have time to list things on eBay right now, you can still purge and separate, just put the eBay items in a separate box or wherever you can store them so they are out of your way. So purge, purge, purge!!!

I've already envision what I desire for my space to ultimately look like and have described it quite some detail in some previous posts. I also got to browsing online for some Country French fabrics as I desire to create my own window treatment above the existing sheers and create a curtain to be hung on my bookbinding station to hide some of the clutter of some items on the shelves.

I was floored when I discovered Calico Corners online. http://www.calicocorners.com
Here is a sampling of some of the fabrics that interested me:

No comments: