Thursday, January 12, 2006

Resolutions for 2006.....

I cannot believe it is the 12th day of January and I've yet to make any New Year's resolutions. Normally, I suppose I'm much like "most people" desiring to lose weight, to eat right, exercise more, get more rest, and accomplish a few personal goals. Frankly, I've been too busy to even think about the promises a new year might bring, let alone actually plan for them!

As far as desiring to lose weight, I have! I'm down almost 15 lbs. since I began working once again in September. I'm lovin' it and feel extremely great about that. Although, I'm not totally against losing another 10 lbs. either! I'm eating healthy foods, even on this crazy schedule of mine --- normally eating breakfast upon my return home from work in the a.m. and dinner in the evening around 5:30-6:30 p.m. Occasionally, I'll a quick snack before heading into work at midnight; although I'm trying not to eat at all while there. (and Brian, "No, I don't want anything from McDonald's, Taco Bell, or Steak-N-Shake! {big grin})

As far as exercising goes right now, working 8 hrs. doing grocery stock is enough for me! I'm assisting unloading semi-trailers loaded with skids of groceries, sorting them, moving them to Dairy, Meat, and Produce departments; lifting, bending, and turning stocking shelves, do you really think I'll need one? LOL!

Getting more rest! Ah, that's a good one....... I can only say I'm trying. 3rd shift sort of puts your entire life out of whack, including your sleeping habits. However, I have to say that I am sleeping good; getting approximately 6 hrs. per day and falling out occassionally for a good 8 hours!

As far as personal goals, my first resolution would be to begin to come to terms with my 3rd shift schedule which hopefully, will allow me to keep up with the demands of my home life. One goal that I am striving for is to be more of a participant in one of my art groups online. Posting more to the message boards, leaving replies, participating in some of the swaps hostessed there, and sending some RAK's {Random Acts of Kindness}. I'm happy to say that I've actually recently done something to accomplish this goal by signing up for a swap! The theme is, "Music of the heART" in a 4"x4" size and must include: a transparency, some stamping, a vintage image, beads, and fabric, and your own happy heART!" I've made a few notes on some ideas I had when I first read the description. There is definately a lot of possibilities with this as far as techniques and I love the sense of freedom the hostess allowed in creating the actually artwork. I, also, like the possiblity of being able to bind the pieces into a fat, little mini-book after the swap is returned, and creating a book cover to reflect the theme. In the event that I do bind the book, I'd love to display it on my blog --- with the other participant's permission, of course. We shall see........

Ok, back to my 2006 resolutions, I really wanted to begin working on submitting my artwork to magazines this year to assist me in building an artist's portfolio. I still haven't ruled that out, just came to terms that in order to that first I must actually be creating some ART! ROFLOL! I have assessed that situation and have discovered having my studio so unorganized is one of the things that is interfering in that, so I'm making small attempts as time allows to re-organize it. I'm hopeful that soon this need to feel that I am current with many online friends will pass as I once again get involved as much as I can, I can spend some of my early mornings off of work out there actually doing it!

Once I'm more organized, I fully intend to explore my artistic self more. Experimenting with new techniques, creating some of the projects I've been desiring to create, getting in touch with and finally developing a style that is uniquely my own. I've dabbled in many areas since beginning on my paper arts journey.... everything from scrapbooking, to rubberstamping, creating collages, working in mixed media, and bookbinding and still feel as if I haven't found my own personal niche. Although, if out of any of the above, I'd have to say binding my own books probably is it as it includes components from all of the above!

I've come to the conclusion that life is about balance. Finding it. Establishing it. and definately, Living it! Physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Between home, work, and creating art, I simply need to figure out how and to begin to make it all come into place for me. I keep telling myself that it one day will all simply fall into place, but I pray that it does before life throws me another curve ball!

No comments: