Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What a Crazy Life.........

Just when I think I'll have some time for the things in my life I desire to focus on, I get "the" phone call. "Hey Don! Is Cath around?" Yep, you guessed it.... from "0" to "32" hours, once again.

I worked last night and am scheduled the next 3 nights. We're getting in "Super" trucks......... meaning lots of merchandise - skids for meat, dairy, produce on top of our "grocery" stock. I worked between aisles 5 & 6 most of the night. Just when you think you've one aisle completed, there's another 4 wheeler piled high with stock. For those not familiar with our store layout, aisle 5 is Dressings, Marinades, Pickles, Jams, Jellies and Juices; aisle 6 is our baking aisle, which encompasses Cake Mixes, Frostings, Brownies, Baked Dessert boxes, Pudding, Jello, Lunchbox Snacks, Flour, Sugar, Box Mixes, chocolate, butterscotch, walnuts, and various baking nuts, Crisco and various oils, and spices of a lot of variety.

I received quite the workout last night! between stocking the two. Normally, we unload the truck, do a pre-sort after the dairy, produce, and meat skids are placed in refrigerated and frozen coolers.......... but with so many items on the truck; only several were actually sorted and placed on the 4 wheelers we use to stock. Once we're out of 4 wheelers loaded with stock for aisles 2 - 10, we pull out skids which are sorted and worked. Well, last night was entirely too busy! Lots of skids to pre-sort and work. We stocked until 8 a.m. skipping store conditioning as it was in pretty good shape and most of us condition as we're stocking.

Anyways, I've 3 more nights ahead of me. Going to lay back down in a bit; get rested up to do it all over again. I did get to sleep around 9:30 a.m. and woke around 2:30. Putting some cubed steak in the crockpot before heading to bed made dinner a lot easier. I have supper disheds to do up; and a load of laundry in the wash.

Today, is the first day I've missed my one hour in the studio every other day. The re-0rganizing is slowly coming along. I figure due to hours I'm working, I might as well put that on hold for the week and do a little playing "catch up" when I have a day off.

Today was a good mail day. I received 2 of the art idea journals from Christy. I spent a little bit of time browsing through them while waiting for dinner to finish. I plan to begin working on my contributions in them a little bit here and there, knocking them out in steps. Working on one then the next each step of the way until my pages are finished.

The "Music of the heART" swap has yet to be started. Although, thinking about it recently and at work at night, I basically have figured out what it is I desire to create for it. Shouldn't be much to do ---- again I'll work in steps creating all 8. I just read that one member has dropped out due to health reasons, however, I still intend on creating her piece and mailing it as an RAK along with a handwritten letter.

Don continues to heal, although still experiencing some pain. We are still awaiting work on his continuation of physical therapy and his follow up appointment has been scheduled. If you're squimmmish.......... you may desire to skip the rest of this paragraph! Don complained of some pain along the line of his incision so I took a look at it a few days ago. Finding some inflammation and redness in one area at the top of the incision, I knew something was up. He said it felt as if something was rubbing his jeans, sweatpants, and robe when he wears them, so upon further inspection, I noticed it seemed one stitch hadn't disolved. So, cleaning my hands, prepping the area with rubbing alcohol and using the tweezers, I removed the stitch which left quite a small hole, and pulled about an 1/2" to 3/4" of undisolved stitching out. We're keeping an eye on the area, the redness and inflamation seems to be diminishing, as well as the pain. It just another one of those things that makes you wonder about others who undergone knee replacement surgery, the healing process, and who don't have someone with any medical experience, how do they do it?

Chaos is growing! I cannot get over how big he is......... he's adjusting to our new schedule but is so stubborn and head strong. Makes me feel a little guilty that I don't have the time to really work with him more........ one of the items on our agenda.... more discipline! With the growing comes the ability to get into more, LOL! He's good, though, just curious by nature, almost cat-like. He's very playful, wants to be constantly underfoot {both Don & I}, and loves attention!

Well, there you have it......... another day in "our crazy lives" *smiles*

1 comment:

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

I stumbled upon your blog today when surfing for others with interests in paper crafting. I was hoping to see some of your ATC's and other art.

Although I didn't get to see your art, I still got a tickle when reading through your blog. Sounds like life might be a bit crazy for you these days. LOL

I sure hope you're taking the time to still take care of your artistic side! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the rest of us in blog-land.

Have a great day!
Paint Chip
aka: Cindy