Friday, February 24, 2006

Another milestone met.......

I woke up a little after 5 a.m. this morning, spent little time at all waking up with several cups of coffee and at the computer checking email, an online group, and an online message board before moving on.... {it's amazing how fast a few hours whiz by --- even with a cable modem! Lately, I'm becoming more of a lurker than a participant, something I'm hoping to rectify soon as we get things back into a more normal routine and perspective.}

Anyways, it wasn't long before I was back to finishing up the Spring cleaning on the back section of my kitchen. I'm pretty proud of myself as I managed to pull out the refrigerator all by myself, clean it from top to bottom after vacauming off the exposed coils on the backside bottom and moving it back into the alcove without any damage to any walls. Now it shines once again!

It didn't take Don too long to join me once he woke up and was dressed, assisting me to get some of my Pfaltzgraf Tea Rose dinner accessories down off the shelf above the opening between the two rooms. Together we washed all the accessories, well, I washed while Don dried {big grin!} although, he does do dishes! As I worked washing down the one remaining wall, he happily washed down the shelving using Pledge's Oil Soap for wood. After a quick break, we worked together replacing items back on the shelving and cleaned off the blades to the ceiling fan. We decided we'd remove the glass votive shades and clean the rest of it more thoroughly tomorrow as I'm planning to truly tackle the front section of the kitchen. This section isn't in need of a spring cleaning as much since it is in daily use however I'm still I'm desiring to stay one step ahead of the game and will do it anyways. Either on Sunday or Monday, we'll tackle the bathroom before moving on to the remaining sections of our home.

I love walking into the kitchen now and seeing and smelling......... CLEAN! It's a great feeling and quite a sense of an accomplishment!

No comments: