Thursday, March 09, 2006

After updating my weblog, checking emails, viewing a few groups, I quickly discovered a glitch in my computer....... in one of my MSN groups, I cannot post a reply...... and on the 2P's message boards any hyperlinks won't work for me..... so somewhere, somehow along the course of the last few days one of my settings must have an error in it. I'm hoping to find some time to run my Norton Doctor and see what I can do to rectify that situation.

It was long after enjoying what little computer I have, my coffee, and yes, a cigarette....... that I was moving once again. One of the things I worked on was a 8" x 30" picture frame that I had purchased to give to Amber & Chris at Christmas. I did give it to them, however, they both knew there was something I desired to do to it so it has been here ever since. Well, yesterday morning I finally had some time to work on it. I took the frame completely apart and using the shiny paper that has the pictures for display purposes for selling, I added some 4" x 6" photographs that I desired to use. The 3 photographs are of a a baby hand playing with its feet, a baby's hand wrapped around a mother's index finger, and another picture of a baby's hand holding the mother's wedding rings..... I discovered these pictures on the internet without any copyright notification on them although I know the copyright belongs to the actual photographer who originally took them. I went ahead and used them simply to provide my dd, Amber with some ideas and inspiration for her to personal the frame with pictures she'll take or have taken of her own baby. On the double layered mat surrounding the photographs, I used chipboard letters along the left side, in a diagonal line, to spell out "FAMILY" then used some Making Memories Rub On letters to add "love", "CheRish" and "Treasure" The word love is between the first and second photograph; cherish is between the second and third photograph; both along the top of the mat. Along the bottom and sort of offset from the third photograph, I used the word treasure to provide some visual balance to the mat frame prior to re-assembling it within the frame. I absolutely love it! I took it out to the studio and placed it along the west wall on the first shelf of the slatwall board and used a black decorative finale to keep it from sliding or moving and possibly getting damaged. I'm certain Amber will love it and it will inspire her to use her own personalized photographs of her baby along with a picture of her & Chris together.

I looked over my sugar cookie recipe and icing recipes to be certain I had all the necessary ingredients here to make the sugar cookies and cupcakes today. Made out a list for the grocery store and left to stop by my mom's.

Once at Mom's, Dad, Don, Mom and I drank a cup of coffee and chatted a bit before Mom decided to go to WalMart and Kroger's with us. I needed to make a quick stop in at the downtown Post Office to get something mailed --- and wouldn't you know it, they were closed early. This is the second time that has happened to me! and it is frustrating we are planning to use it vs. driving across town to go to the main branch - especially when you won't make it before they close! Well, needless to say, we went ahead and ran the rest of our errands. Upon returning to mom & dad's, I assisted mom with putting away her groceries before returning home to do my own and get our dinner on the table.

I did invite mom and dad over for a roast dinner today. I figured since she'd be here helping me make the cupcakes and sugar cookies for the baby shower, that I could put the roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot and then, neither of us would have to worry about cooking dinner afterwards.

After Don & I ate dinner last night, I sort of fail out, literally. I just couldn't get moving again. So, we watch a DVD and went to be soon after.

Well, I need to get out in the kitchen --- get the roast on, peel potatoes, add in some carrots and get started.... I got a few surfaces to clear off with some of the remanents of the shopping for home neccessities that I didn't get to last night.

Whatever it is that is on your own agenda today, do it with all the love in your heart. I know that Amber, Mom, and I will as work to make those cupcakes and sugar cookies that will add to our celebration of our newest family member. {* smiles and warm fuzzy thoughts}

No comments: