Sunday, March 12, 2006

Amber's Baby Shower...... A Huge Hit!

We managed to pull Amber's Baby shower off very gracefully. It was a huge hit! We received compliments on everything from the invitations, to the decorations, to event planning..... the game pieces, the food............ you name it!

It began a light sprinkle of rain around 1:00 p.m. and moved onward to a bit more than a sprinkle up until around 1:45 p.m. --- an umbrella placed at the studio door assisted getting our guests from their cars and escourted to the studio and was used for trips inside the house for use of the restroom. By 2:00 p.m., the clouds were clearing out a little and the sun began shining. We had a few minor glitches, Amber forgot the veggie tray so Nancy & Shelly ran back to get it; and Chris had to make a trip to the drive through for the ice he'd forgotten. Amber & Nancy both ran about 15 minutes late getting here --- but all in all it worked out well as my mom and Shelly arrived a half hour early to assist me with some final touches of moving food out to the studio.

Amber's guests numbered 14; not bad out of the 30 invitations we sent out. Just the right amount of people that none of us where too crowded. Whitney and her dd, Ashley, who is 4 and the cutest little girl one could ever meet; Rena {pronounced Renea} a co-worker and friend of Amber's from SeaWest; Sheila, another coworker and friend from the AmeriTemps office she worked at prior to complications with the pregnancy in the early stages; Jamie, a friend and photographer at Sears Portrait studio; Shelly, Chris's cousin and one of my co-workers at DMI; Mickey, Chris's sister; Nancy, Chris' mom; Yolanda, Amber's friend; Mom Saunders - Chris's grandma; Aunt Sally, Chris's Aunt; and my mom who is also Amber's grandmother. Whoo, I think I got everyone!

We began by having guest sign Amber's Baby Shower Guest Book and retrieve a pin for the "Don't Say Baby!" game - this lastest throughout the shower and Shelly won with 20 pins!!! Our next game was "Guess Mommy's Waistline" which was a hoot! I was the only one who guessed smaller than she actually is and Chris's mom Nancy won. The baby anagram game was won by Yolanda, and no one was unable to unscramble "grandparents"! The Baby A-Z game was won by Chris's grandma, with my own mom coming in a second with one word less! We had Amber's guests address their own Thank you card envelopes, which I shuffled up, and had Amber draw one for a door prize --- Michelle Hall {Shelly} won that one ---- a beautiful acrylic frame with is in a wave and holds 3 pictures. We played Baby Shower Bingo right before Amber opened her gifts. I'll try to provide a list......... but I know I won't remember it all..... we did write the guest's name and gifts in the Baby Guest book so Amber could personalize the Thank You cards.

From Aunt Mary, in Texas, who was unable to attend: A 3 pc. accessory set to the Baby Looney Tunes patchwork bedding set Amber signed up for on her gift registry through Walmart.com; a dozen cloth diapers; and the cutest "cow" robe with "mooooo" embroideried on it. From Mickey, she received a disposable diaper pail similar to the Diaper Genie which uses the smaller trash bags. From Rena, a beautiful cloth lined basket filled with 3 sleep and play sets, diaper rash ointment, baby powder, a rattle, baby washclothes....... I know there was more, I just cannot remember it all. From Sheila she received a Fisher Price Portable Aquarium Swing; Patty, who was unable to attend sent me down a totally cute baby toy and Huggies disposable washclothes - which everyone had to touch and play with, LOL! The rest is sort of a blur.... I know she received a Carter's blanket from me, a digital ear thermometer and another thermometer included in the set, and a blanket her great-grandmother knitted for her when she was a baby. Grandma Miller, my mom, gave her $25 towards the purchase of her crib, Grandma Saunders also gave her money, she received another blanket from Jamie? Yolanda? Anyways, I said it would be hard to remember who gave what........ LOL!

My cupcakes and sugar cookies were a hit! As were Shelly's meatball ---- I bet that girl wrote that recipe out 12 times! Nancy's cake decorating skills surprised us all! Between the meatballs, sloppy joes, veggie tray, all the desserts and candies........ I don't believe anyone left hungry....

After the shower, Amber, Nancy, Shelly, and I sat and chatted about an hour or so before we pitched in to clean up........ It wasn't too bad to do actually. I'm happy for my dd, that I could assist making her baby shower an event she'll always treasure and remember, even if I didn't desire to do it at first! She left tired, happy, and content.......... but I can bet you today, she'll be ready to do some shopping! {*smiles}

Everyone loved the party favors - a beautiful vintage style candle holder with a vanilla candle and a tube of bath salts!

No comments: