Monday, March 13, 2006

Music of the heART swap


This is the piece of artwork that I created for my friend Deborah's Music of the heART swap. Deborah provided us with a list of supplies to be used in the 4" x 4" piece of artwork but allowed us to interprete our creations in our own unique ways. I desired to swap out my stamped image for another vintage image, however I never found the time. I hope all the recipients love it anyways!

I used a 4" x 4" piece of chipboard as my base, cut two co-ordinating pieces of printed paper the same size, and tore one to be layered over. The Music backround is staped using Staz On ink on a transparency --- one of the supplies on Deborah's list to be used. The forget me not portion of the artwork is from a Stampington stamp. Stamped with Opaque Cotton White Stazon and embossed with Judi-kins white embossing powder. A piece of fabric, another supply Deborah listed, was ran through my Sizzix to diecut the heart shape and a beaded MM hat/corsage pin is slid through it and adds the beads required. Colorbox red ink was used to ink the edges and blend the color into the printed papers.

No comments: