Saturday, March 11, 2006

Today's the day, we will Celebrate a New Life

I cannot believe Amber's March 11th date for her baby shower is here already. I've been so busy with the preparations within the last week it seems it has snuck up on me. I woke up this a.m. with some mixed emotions...... my baby's actually having a baby! Now, I've know this...... but it seemed as if today it truly hit me. In a few more months I'll be holding my first grandchild.

I look back and I wonder where the years have gone? When did she become the woman she is today from the little one I seemed to holding in my own arms and heart what seems like only yesterday? I reminesced a little about special moments we shared together, just her and I, and before I knew it tears began to fill my eyes. Ohhh......

I went out the studio late last night, doing some last minute items, shot off a roll of film of all the little details that went into the decorations for this celebration. Then, into the nursery at grammies and took some more photographs of the way I decorated and designed it...... it seemed so empty yet filled with anticipation and hope! I'm glad I took those pictures so that I can re-capture those emotions when I'm better at interpreting them.

For now, I'm enjoying my morning coffee, easing into the day before the rush of activity begins. I'm excited and hopeful that this event will be everything my dear child wished for it to be.....

No comments: