Saturday, March 18, 2006

The last several days....

I've been trying to relax a bit, keep up the housework, work on the obedience training with Chaos, spend some time with an old friend, visit more with my dd, Amber, and work on some creative projects. Whooo-hooo! I think I got it all!

My relaxing has been mostly working on creative projects - the book swap and then, yesterday while with Amber, I scrapbook'd the first 2 pages for the babies album that I've scrapped in quite some time! We both enjoyed how the pages came out........ the first is a page that I created titled, "Baby Saunders - we're waiting for you!" I did some handlettering for the title, created a photomat, and did the journaling about the day being St. Patrick's Day, how I brought Amber over a small dresser for storing the babe's clothes, how Amber & I spent our day reminiscing about the baby shower.... looked through some of the wonderful gifts she received, sending Thank you cards, talked about the baby's arrival with new excitement. Amber really liked it but wouldn't consent to a photograph of us as her hair isn't done! LOL! She such a girly-girl! I'm thinking she's going to be a great mother, fun, filled with excitement, and a new vitality will emerge once this baby is born. The love she already has shows and yes, she positively glows! The second page is/was a lift --- not something I normally do, it wasn't one of those copy and still everything pages........ just some journaling of a title, "Your smile makes me smile!" from this month's Simple Scrapbook mag. I created all the page elements using leftover ribbon from the baby shower and a "Thank you" charm that we'll be adding to the Thank You cards.

Training Chaos is another matter! I'm constantly saying, "Sit. Heel. Beg. Lie down. Stay." Of course, you can say them all you want, however, that doesn't always necessarily mean that Chaos is going to do it! Research says, practice at least 15 times a day with each one.... yet, I find myself saying, "No!" more than that! LOL! He definately has his own ideas about how this obedience training actually works. I give the command, he listens, sometimes he'll comply, sometimes stares at me with that "what do you mean you want me to do it AGAIN" look! Other times he flat out refuses and I have to gently encouraging him to do it; believe me there have been a few times I've given up........ well, ok, more like "givin' in" Give him the treat anyways.... we've been at it for a while.

The ideas for the book swap are still brewing. I'm heading out to the studio later to try something NEW! Something fresh! Wish me luck and I hope it turns out how I am envisioning it!

On the horizon, more artwork. I really need to begin in the Art Idea Journal RR again... I got to get these circulation once again. YIKES! Christy just emailed another is one its way....... has it been that long already???? Where the hell does the time go?

No comments: