Thursday, April 06, 2006

Don worked outside last night to get ready for the carport remodel and today will be going to get the materials to get started. I spoke with my brother, Keith, last night on giving us an estimate for the footers and concrete for the garage door to actually sit upon. Donnie is also sending a buddy over to provide us with an estimate but I didn't figure it would hurt to have my brother look at what we're planning to do and give us an idea of the costs involved so we wouldn't get ripped-off in the process of it all.


While Don worked outside, I spent some time indoors figuring out where I am at with artwork swaps and RR's. I really needed to get these things into perspective before I go and bite off more than I can chew!

Here's my completed list:
The Music of the Heart Swap - I should be receiving it within the next week or two as it is being mailed returned from Nova Scotia.

I'm working on:
* One 4:4 ATC Trade - which I have one ATC to create to finish up.

* ATC Swap with a Twist - This is a Technique Swap. I have my ATC's cut and the backgrounds created. I've several ideas for the stamping part just need to decide which to create so I'm experimenting with a two to see which I like the best.

* The Fat, Chunky Book Swap - 6 Book Covers to Create for binding 3 Books.

* An Art Idea Journal RR - began in March of 2005 with 17 participants, and we're currently approximately 3/4 of the way completed; I've 3 ready to be mailed and 3 arriving very shortly; in fact they should be mailed today!

* 1 RAK - microscope slides and foil to Rebecca

The RAK and ATC Swap will completed today and mailed by this week's end. I'm heading to the studio in just a bit so I can package these up and get to the P.O. ASAP to knock them out of the way.

I've 3 Art Idea Journals finished up and am waiting on the return of one girl's vacation to send them onto. I thought about bypassing her to the next participant on the list, however, she's some to mail out and two waiting to be worked on so I decided maybe it's best to wait. The next on the list is one the 2nd is mailing to so......... we're log-jammed once agian but I am certain with this group of ladies we can break out of this cycle!

I took a few moments this morning to look at the database for the journals I'll be receiving and made notes of the page sizes being used so that I can start on them before I actually receive them in just a few days. Two of the journals are "do-able"; (if that is a word!) and the 3rd, I'll have to wait to recieve before working on as the pages are listed in cm's and I'm not the greatest at conversions, LOL! Anyways, I decided I'll begin working and hopefully, completing one of those tonight and tomorrow and get going on the other one right after. By then, I should have actually received the Art Idea journals and can look at Suzanne's page sizes and begin with it.

The way I'm figuring it with housework, Chaos's training, an out of town trip to an art supply store on Sunday, I should be able to have all 3 journals completed by the end of next week and be able to get them postal once again.

From there, my focus is on finishing up the ATC with a Twist Technique swap since it is small and half-way completed. Since it a smaller project, I could possibly finish it up by the end of next week, if needed. I'm awaiting the Due Date for this one.

That will free me up to focus all my attention on creating the book covers and working on the bindings and provide one participant enough time to finish her pages; they should be arriving shortly thereafter. So, the timing is all beginning to come together and coincide with the grandbaby's soon-to-be-here arrival.

Shoooo.........

As far as the studio re-organization, I've decided to tackle it a little bit at a time. First, I plan to gather up all the supplies I'll need to complete all the above projects --- not too big of a task as I'm knocking out 2 of them today; and 2 are already done! I just need to get the supplies for creating the bookcovers and my bookbinding supplies accessible and all in one central location.

I am not signing up for anymore swaps for a bit, but did make some suggestions for artwork to be completed on a work at your own pace type of style. This will allow me to be creative why organizing, as long as I remember to clean up thoroughly when I work. That is something I to practice at ---- a lot!!!! LOL!

Well, I'm off of here..... time to get bathed, dressed, and head out to the studio so I can accomplish some of this. In the event that you don't hear from me, maybe send me a reminder regarding what I am supposed to be doing! Hmmm, wonder what I can throw in the crockpot?

No comments: