Thursday, April 06, 2006

Well, I had "Good Intentions"....

I thought I had my day all planned out, knowing what I desired to accomplish, and what happened? I completely forgot about a previous commitment I made with my DD to assist her with separating and getting the baby's clothes in the dresser. We were also going to go through what she'll desire to pack up to be used later along with making it accessible when she needs it. So, Amber shows up just about the time I'm ready to head out to the studio; so much for "good intentions", LOL! At least, I tried.

Anyways, Amber had just had her first weekly checkup --- the one that says we're getting closer! Upon her pelvic exam, she's already becoming effaced and is 1 cm dialated. Now, I'm wondering if she'll if even make it to the first date the Dr.'s set of April 22nd, let alone May 2nd. The baby's head is now fixed in the pelvic area and Mother Nature's taking her own course.

Anyways, Amber & I spent the entire day together. First, sorting, sizing, putting away baby clothes. Then, she had to show me some additional gifts she's received after the baby shower. We looked through the baby shower pictures she recently got back from the developers, chatted, laughed, and had a great lunch. She noticed she seemed to catch me off guard this a.m. and asked about my plans for the day, offering to let me go so I could do what I desired, however, I declined.

Then, we decided to go shopping! She needed to return a few things: her wet wipe warmer came packaged without something ... a moist pack? and a package of baby bottles since she's intending to breastfeed and is using the Avent system. Since she's been unable to work throughout this pregnancy, I asked her if there was anything else she needed as I know $$$ has been tight for two of them. So, we made a short list of things and headed out to actually shop!

First, we exchanged the items for a gift card then proceeded shopping. Trial size bottles of bath and beauty items for her hospital bag, film for my camera --- hey! I remembered!, a baby girl outfit ---- for the baby to come home in as she had a boy one but not one for a girl. She also needed a waterproof matress pad to go over the cover and a few waterproof pads for her crib.

Upon arriving back at my house, she put her arms around me and said, "Mom, Thank you and Baby Saunders Thanks You, too." I could feel the tears swell up in my eyes as I told her she was so "Welcomed". We chatted for a bit and she said since I'd given up my plans to help her today, she'd come over tomorrow and hang out in the studio with me for a bit. It was time well-spent! and the ATC's and microscope slides to be RAK'd, the Art Idea Journals I'd intented to begin upon will all be there when I am. {Smiles}

No comments: