Saturday, April 08, 2006

Don's mood wasn't as bad as I had expected; in fact, he actually surprised me with his calm, cool reserve re: the telephone issue! I was out in the studio beginning to gather up and package up the microscope slides to RAK to Rebecca when he appeared.

I didn't get a whole lot of what I originally planned to accomplished yesterday as I suddenly became slightly nauseated and just overall ill feeling and very tired. It just came over me very quickly and lasted most of the day. I believe it may be related to the Prednisone I'm taking since cleaning up the yard, raking and trimming a bush that was full of what I'm thinking is poison oak. By the next day, I had an red, angry looking welt that itched to high-heaven right behind my right knee and has since spread to my calf, and a spot on my left knee. Probably from the position I've been sleeping in... and not very well at all since obtaining this awful stuff. Between fighting off the overall feeling of being nauseated and very sleepy, all I want to do is sleep and eat; even on the queasy stomach. Yesterday, I finished the last of the MethylPREDNIsolone pack and still yet have the poison ivy/oak on my leg, so once our telephone service was restored I got on the telephone to call the Dr. for 20mg of Prednisone --- hopefully, only a few doses will clear this messy stuff up! I'll definately be eating a bit of something or drinking some milk to coat my stomach prior to taking this and I can just about write off the weight loss...... I know I've gained at least 5 lbs. of it back since taking this steroid. FUN! I'll definately be working out more once this is all said and done to get back on track... I was happy and pleased with myself for loosing the weight, now I'm back to square one... but at least I've got a good attitude about it! {smile} I know I can do it! Smaller meals, healthier foods, less eating out or at least smaller portions when we do!

This morning I've been lounging lazily at the computer, checking emails, sending replies, posting in a few groups, browsing online, catching up on a few blogs, following blog links..... these things are so addicting! I love getting a glimpse into the personal lives of others and the inspiration that is out there is unbelievable!!!! Like I really need more, LOL! and my lists of "to do" and "to be done" and "desire to create" isn't long enough......

No comments: