Friday, April 07, 2006

OMG! Don is fit to be tied!

If you've been trying to reach us via the telephone you'll understand. On March 30th, Don took a check out to our local phone mart to be applied to our bill and discovered yesterday morning that our telephone service has been "temporarily interrupted". This is the second month in a row that this has happened to us... pay the bill, the service gets turns off anyways. Last month we even got socked with a re-connection fee of $58.00!!!! Anyways, there was a difference of $40.00 between the March 30th payment and the actual bill since they slapped us with the reconnect fee. So after talking with a service representative on another phone, he goes out to the phone mart last night with all the necessary information --- check #, date written, the amount, the receipt......... and spends an hour trying to get the mess straightened out and to give them another check for the additional $40.00. Having to be at work at 6 p.m. further complicated things as half of the hour was spent when one Verizon employee who was trying to work in our favor to resolve the issue was verbally attacked by the other Verizon employee, so the phone mart employee spends the other 1/2 hour talking with the others supervisor. Needless to say, Don wasn't happy at all!

He was able to figure out that the "payment" we made was supposedly applied to another telephone number within my studio that we had disconnected several months prior. Hello!!!!! What is the problem here? The darn telephone numbers have always been on the same bill. To add more insult to the injury, the telephone number in question is hooked to a fax machine and has never used for anything else. It is a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing........ and the phone mart employee informed Don that we are not the only people being effect by it. Having to be at work, Don needed to leave before the issue was resolved and being a bit pissed off, he said, "Call me, if you need anything!" upon departing, LOL! after they tried to get him to write yet another check to clear up their mess! No way, hosea!

Well, this morning he is gone again once more to the phone mart to straighten this mess up. I cannot believe it has been over an hour already and he still isn't home nor is the phone working. Sheeeshhhhhhh........ maybe it is time to look for a new telephone provider!

After attempting to telephone my daughter to see when she's planning to come over and discovering there is still no service to the telephone, I've decided I'm heading out to the studio to begin rounding up the agenda I'd originally had planned for yesterday and hopefully, I can stay out of the line of fire as I know my man...... he isn't going to be the happiest camper!

I did manage to read my emails, post a few comments in a group and on 2P's message board this a.m. I also sat down and typed up my "Walnut, Lumiere, Acrylic Glaze Technique" for the ATC with a Twist swap and get all of those printed out to be adhered to the backsides of the ATC's. Now to create 1 ATC to finish up the other 4:4 ATC Swap {the one I'm behind on}, gather up the microscope slides for Rebecca, get both ready for the P.O., then, check out the handmade papers I have to cover the book boards for the Fat, Chunky Book swap so if I need to I can purchase some on Sunday while at the Art Supply Store. I may even cut the chipboard down to size so that will be one more thing out of the way. I'm hopeful to begin working on the Art Idea Journals tonight when Don is at work and get all these things underway.

I did check the database in the Art Idea Journal RR group and the Loose Pages Tracker to see where my journal is and the progress that has been made with it. I was surprised to see that there are 6 more participants to work in it and my baby will home! Maybe this won't take as long as I originally anticpated!

Well, I'm outta here........... going to go play and pray, I can keep my light-hearted mood going after Don arrives home... I just know it's going to be "one of those days!" Hopefully, not! Anyways, I'll try to check in after bit, possibly with some fresh artwork to share..... I'm dying to get creative!!!!! { *tootles* }

No comments: