Saturday, April 08, 2006

"Little Things" from a friend......


My dear friend, Patty stopped by last night for a few minutes to surprise me with a small sentiment! I love both her and the gift she gave me.... this tiny little book! She knows I love these little books and have several that I've collected. I cannot tell you what it is about them but I think they are absolutely adorable --- just one of those things that makes my heart get warm fuzzies all over. She even bookmarked a page that truly spoke to her within it so I left the bookmark there to ponder more its meaning, as it was a powerful quote.

I believe part of the attraction to these little books is that they are a constant reminder for me to truly CHERISH "the little things" in life. The sweetest songs of the birds singing in the mornings, discovering one of my hiacynths is beginning to bloom in my front yard, to cherish the kisses Chaos bestowes upon me in the morning {even when all I want is a little more sleep!}, the kindness of a stranger, a smile from a child........ It's all those "little things" that really make life so worthwhile!

One of the things on my ever-growing list of to create, is to create another gratitude journal. Patti has inspired me to do exactly that and I just discovered the perfect title, "The Little Things". Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll have to create two...... one to gift her back! Anyways, this little quote stuck out at me while reading the book......... "The wonder of living is held within the beauty of silence, the glory of sunlight.... the sweetness of the spring air, the quiet strength of earth, and the love that lies at the very root of all things." I may have to use for an intro for those gratitude journals......... {smile}

No comments: