Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Fat, Chuncky Book Swap.. and other Artful Adventures

I'm hosting a Coptic stitched book swap in a group with 2 other ladies and it is coming along. I've my pages contributions created and have received one package and am waiting for another as she works to finish her's up. There's no rush on this.... just the anticipation to see what each of us came up with the theme, "Secret Pathways, Doorways, and Portals". It promises to be a great swap and one I'm certain each of us will treasure. I've some ideas in mind regarding papers and techniques to be used in creating the book covers so I plan to begin working on them soon.

I am currently caught up with the Art Idea Journals and have 3 in my possession while I wait for the person I send them onto to return from Florida where she is visiting her parents, I believe. I've got them packaged up and ready to go to the P.O. The person who sends to me has two more in her possession, so receiving those is something to look forward to in the weeks ahead. This is perfectly fine with me as it will allow me some time to get some of the studio re-organization completed as time allows.

I also signed up for a smaller swap within a group of friends for an ATC Technique Swap. So far, I've my bases created.... need to add some stamped artwork or a design to them, type up the technique to be placed on the back, sign them and get them sent off before the May 15th due date. Plenty of time within the next several weeks to work on them.

Speaking of ATC's --- I have completely forgotten that I owe 4 of them to one lady who so kindly sent 4 to me recently. Thankfully, I have some created in my stash, so I need to get my butt in gear and get them ready to be mailed along with a note of apology for taking so long to get those sent back out. There was some miscommunication involved which I'm certain contributed to my forgetfulness; although, I must get this on my to do list today!

I've been thinking of inviting a few friends over to scrapbook. I haven't scrapbooked in so long.... other than the few pages I created in Amber's album for her to add pictures to. SueAnn, an old friend and neighbor I had on Greenwood St. has began scrapbooking, and her dd, Nikki, who had a baby 9 months ago is scrapbooking. Patti, Sue's other dd, wants to get one started, and I was thinking maybe Amber would like to join us. I may make some telephone calls to see if they'd be interested in starting a scrapbook group where we'd get together on a regular schedule that would work for everyone. Patti has a pack and play playpen that we could set up within the space for the kids to play/sleep ect. while we work and play for a couple hours. I have so many reusable supplies, tools, and magazines for inspiration that aren't used as often as I'd like since I've made such an investment in them it would be great to see others benefit from them as well.

I'm hoping to work on the re-organization and get to creating some of the projects I've had on my "Artful - to create list" for quite some time. I'd love to get some cards, ATC's, and various other projects created to share and RAK as I work to fill up the spinner rack. I don't believe I'll start any other swaps for a while unless they are small as I mentioned a few ideas to get me motivated and back to creating within a group I've been a long time member of.

Some of the ideas I proposed:
* a book review --- taking a book from our Art Libraries and working through it chapter by chapter.
* completing one project a month from any magazine --- Somerset Studios or Stamper's Sampler
* starting a month "Sampler" in the fall where a theme would be determined and each artist creates whatever their heart desires for each participant who signed up that month and we rotate who hosts the swap exchanges. I for one am loving this idea! as it allows us the option of participating depending upon each of our personal schedules!

We'll see how the responses go....... so far what I've been reading any and all of these are feasible and are being received well.

No comments: