Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Works in progress.....

Seems to be a re-occuring theme in my life. It seems like there is always something going on. So much that needs dones, only so much $$$ and time to do it in..... and just when you think you've got it all figured out... along comes something else.

On Sunday, Don and I went over to Home Depot and purchased 4 more boxes of Pergo Laminate wood flooring to finish up our living room. We get down to only 3 more boxes and the underlayment to purchase yet; hopefully before it goes off 20% off sale on May 3rd. Then, we realize that we'll also need 2 rolls of underlayment foam as well. While talking about the flooring, we noticed that we'll also need 6 - 4' x 8' subflooring sheets/boards so that the flooring is level with what is already laid in the kitchen and bath. Okay, I'm fine with this......... but.......

What does Don go and do? Why contact another contractor regarding an estimate for the carport! Now, his focus has shifted. No matter how many times I seem to repeat myself saying, "Let's focus on one project at a time." he always seems to have other ideas. I truly do not care what gets done... the flooring, the carport, or whatever but please don't bog me down with all of it at once!

While Don is figuring out how to get his carport done, my flooring project is back on hold. This will actually work out better for me...... as the weather warms up, the April rains come and go.... so that I can focus on getting some of these things that need moved out of our way... like the patio furniture being moved back outside onto the deck. Heck, I even thought about how can I slide a couple of gallons of paint into our budget so I can begin on the kitchen painting while these things are out of our way saving us from having to move them ump-teen million times, LOL! Then, I remembered that I desired to get back to the studio re-organization and to creating the art I love. I sit and wonder how long would it actually take to paint the kitchen, what supplies do I have to do it, what would I need to purchase, what other projects do I have going on, ect. and decide --- now isn't the time for me to be tackling the kitchen painting. I find myself eating my own words, "Let's focus on one thing at a time!"

Then, I begin to wonder what he'll decide to do with all the stuff that is in the carport while he re-does the outside walls and has the garage door installed. A lot of it is store fixtures that I purchased when planning to open my own rubber stamp store so they'll definately need to be moved out of the way when it dawns on me that most likely they'll end up in the studio I'm planning to re-organize.

So, instead of moving what is in my home out into the studio to be organized, I now sit and wonder what do I need inside so I can work on creating the artwork that I love. I also wonder, "Why is nothing ever as simple as you'd like it to be? "

Maybe, I should just forget the re-organization, gather up what I'll need to finish up what I've got started with the bookbinding swap- the ATC swap - the Art Idea Journal RR and hell, maybe I'd even feel better if I would go paint my kitchen red! ROFLOL!

No comments: