Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm not a big fan of .......


felted objects but how could I resist re-creating this little beauty using it? I found this folkart bird at http://www.countrymarketplace.com/ and clicking on crafts. The template for this and the example is Designed by Barbara Stein of Stein’s Country Collection. Barbara's instruction call for cotton fabric but I opted to use felt instead. I also decide my folk art bird should be the robin, since it is the first birds of spring that we see sight of in Ohio, so it's underbelly is red. Barbara used pages made of parchment paper or from an old journal while I created mine from sheet music. I went to the studio and randomly tore out the last sheet in one of my books...... can you imagine my surprise when looking at the page, I discovered the following lyrics at the bottom? "...it wakes with delight" perfect for my folk art song bird's wings!

No comments: