Sunday, April 09, 2006

Well, I did it! Got my living room spring cleaned as well! {big smiles}... I also took the sweeper and using the attachments tackled the hallway where Chaos's crate is at the opposite end and swept up all his dog hair! Even though brushing and using the shedding comb on him, helps keep it out of the house somewhat. I had to laugh at myself when I thought, why did I have to get a "black" lab? Why not a Golden Retriever, at least the blonde hair wouldn't be so noticable, LOL! Poor Chaos-y....

Around that time, Don came in requesting my help outside. So, I dawned my yard work gloves and raked out under the three tall evergreens outside my studio. Well, one thing lead to another, and before I knew it, I'd raked out most of the leaves about 100 ft. back along the stockade fence that graces the west side of our acre of land! Since there is poison oak along the fence, we opted to use the riding lawn mover to mulch those leaves up. While Don worked on that, after washing myself up, I was sneaky and snuck off to the studio for a bit, LOL! I managed to empty the two boxes I had Don take out. I sorted my "clean" stamps from those that require cleaning, sorted my adhesives, embellishments, and ribbons into piles to be tackled later. All my ink pads, liquid adhesives such as modge podge, PVA, paints, ect. did make it back into the stamp cabinet!

After Don was done mowing, he came in search of me, more like "checkin' up on me", LOL! He was even impressed that I managed to get as much as I did within the studio done! I continued working while he showered and got cleaned up so we could run out to Meijer's for a some l plastic totes.

Once at Meijer's I purchased 3 totes, 2 medium size and 1 large size. I choose these lilac purple ones, figuring I could use them for our grandchild's toys, ect. later on. For now, they'll be used to store some our coats, heavier winter sweaters. Sometime within the next week or so, I plan to begin working on cleaning out both closets and our dressers ---- packing away the things we won't be needing too much longer. Of course, I'm no dummy and know to leave a few of the lighter weight sweaters out and at least one winter coat out for a bit. Up until about mid-May, you just never know when you'll need one.

I, also, thought that since I was there at Meijer's, I may as well go ahead and get some groceries... getting that knocked out of the way. $70.00 lighter, we headed home! Don helped me get groceries put away, dinner consisting of hot dogs, Bush's Baked beans, some cheddar pasta veggies, potatoe chips and chip dip. Believe it or not, it was yummy! Something light and not too much.

So all in all, I'm proud of myself! and I don't feel the least bit guilty about the time I've spent on the computer, or will spend re-reading and looking at my SS Take Ten magazine again! :)

No comments: