Monday, May 15, 2006

For now it appears that the rain has stopped for a bit; although it's still gloomy and overcast here in the Ohio vally. More rain is predicted for the upcoming week and weekend. I'm certain it is on it's way for there certainly is that smell of rain in the air. One of Amber's dear friends, Yolanda, is such a hoot! as she exclaimed, "It is said that we will have had 13 days of rain before it clears; Thank God as we all know what happened when it rained for 40!" Somehow, her words rang oh so true as I certainly feel so sorry for those in the New England states now dealing with the floods and threats of flooding. And I shouldn't really complain. Fortunately, we've not had a huge lot of thunderstorms and no tornado warnings and watches with this system; most of the rain which has fallen is the garden variety of rain which our farmers I'm certain are happy to see.

Unfortunately, it has me putting off finishing the kitchen painting for now. It is simply to muddy to put Chaos outside to stay out of my way. I really need to concentrate on the task at hand while painting. Trust me, I can messy as all hell without any assistance from the dog!

Yesterday was a quietly spent day. Don had asked me regarding whether I desired to go out for dinner for Mother's Day but I decided against the idea. I don't prefer busy restaurants, the crowds, the waiting, the lack of service ect. so I decided I'd cook at home and he could take me to Carrabba's Italian Grill on Wednesday. So, we hit the grocery store stocking up on some necessities. We returned home and I began baking some Mushroom soup covered cube steaks, making mashed potatoes, and steaming some veggies. While I worked, Don whipped up a carrot cake which we'll both enjoy.

This is the first year in a long time that we spent Mother's Day alone together. We opted for telephone calls vs. visits to our Mom's this year. It is always a challenge regarding what gifts to give them so we thought we'd simply ask. My mom would love to have me measure her front living room windows for mini-blinds and for Don's mom we thought some spending $$$ would be nice as she travels to North Dakota and then to visit Don's brother and her son in California. I also was happy to call my own dd, and wish her well during her first Happy Mother's Day.

Don & I spent our evening watching the finale of Survivor. I was so sad to see Cirie beat during the fire challenge but was so happy that D chose Aras to go to the final two. I was also happy to see him win the million dollars and that Cirie won a new SUV!

No comments: