Saturday, June 24, 2006

The effort continues..

Who knew I'd be actually in an organizing frame of mind today! I am so happy that I made the effort to get my butt out here in the studio {I'm using the computer located within it now...LOL! just taking a quick break to refresh myself.} I've actually made quite a bit of progress, Horray! Horray! I've almost managed to clear off my bookbinding cabinet countertop {try saying that 10 times fast!} and have everything stored below on one of the shelves with some room to grow! Okay, maybe I need to actually use some of those supplies before I even think of purchasing more. And I have a pile to give to my dd, Amber to get those out of my way.

I got my journaling table completely clear with the exception of my cutting tools and my travel Cropper Hopper which is filled with even more tools that I'll desire to have close at hand. I believe I'll create a home for them on one of lifetime brand tables and leave those out, saving me time when creating and making cleaning up more of a breeze. And speaking of my lifetime tables, I have almost everything cleared off of them, just a bit of things left to sift through and that will fill only one of the three tables --- so I have some room to work. I also moved the table down on the wall so that I can put the shelving unit that I recently got back from loaning to Patty beside the journaling table. That will provide me with plenty of space for my markers, colored pencils - when I get enough veggie cans empty to separate them by color and blending, and my calligraphy supplies.

I had a container of ink refills and my alcohol inks out on the tables from where I'd previously moved some boxes out of the house and into the studio, so I worked on filling it up with refills that have been put back into my stamping cabinet. Figuring I'd went that far, I may as well organize my ink pad trays which are separated by Dyes, Chalks, Pigments. My VersaMark, StazOn, Distress inks, and embossing inks are kind of thrown in wherever there is room in the remaining trays. Something I can rectify later along with scraps of cardstock and paper.

Anyways, since I've some room to work, I've decided to start a project. A new project. Which also reminds me that I'll need to establish a place to keep other various works in process a home of their own. Anyways, I believe I'm going to stamp out some file folder labels for the submisison files. Pretty them up, so to speak. With any luck that will assist me to focus more on that this upcoming week.

No comments: