Saturday, June 24, 2006

My Submission Folders are done...

and if I must say they are beautiful! I used Anna Griffin's line of rubber stamps to create a wallpaper appearance on the folders using lime green and french blue to stamp one them. I have them spread out on my tables allowing them to dry a bit since the folders themselves have a coating that makes them a bit glossy. After cleaning up the mess and my stamps --- Yes! I cleaned up! I decided using my heat embossing tool would speed up the drying process a bit.
So, into the house I went to retrieve my heat tool when I realized what time it was..... 3:30 p.m. and I that I haven't had anything to eat all day.

By now you'd think I'd realize that this is a major no-no - skipping meals, so I decided to fix myself a grill cheese sandwich and eat some freshly sliced pinapple while my sandwich cooked. Grabbing a bottle of water along with whatever miscellaneous supplies I could squeeze into my hands, arms, you name it, I returned to the studio refreshed and rejuvenated.

I realize now that I do need a clock in the studio and maybe even an alarm clock. I could set it to remind me to take a break every so often, like every 2 or 3 hours. Taking some time out to play with the dog may keep him from having so much pent-up energy and I may even find some time to relax a bit inbetween making some time for other pursuits besides just grabbing a bite to eat.

Another thing that I realized is that I tend to work around Don's work schedule a lot. I think I may need to either help him discover a hobby for himself or just get him used to the idea that I need some time for my own pursuits. Definately more time management issues to be dealt with. I often dream of sneaking quietly out of bed some nights when I have trouble sleeping and escaping out here. Maybe soon.........

Oh, and on my next trip into the house, I'll grab the digital camera so I can upload some photographs of my pretties later. Until then.......

No comments: