Thursday, June 29, 2006

Some creative ideas.....

I sat and thought about some of the items that I like to create and make for a while today. Made a few sketches and considered some content for a few of them before I remembered that before we left on our road trip yesterday Don had brought the sewing machine back from the store. I suddenly remembered that Joann's had sent me a recent email, so I decided to check it out and was surprised to find that the entire month of July their fabric is on sale. Having saved a bit of money from our grocery money this month, I figured I may as well use some of it to stock up on groceries and some of it on some cool new fabrics.

I'd like to create a fabric book for Alexxis. I haven't thought much about the content, whether to do colors, ABC's, or whatever but I think that I'd like to do some embroidered designs on it and maybe some appliques. I'm certain if I allow the idea to brew for a bit something will come to to me...... maybe a personalized fairy tale of something.

I've had an idea for adding to the nursery for some time now and that is to make her a banner for her room personalized with her name. I was happy when I checked out the upcoming issue of Somerset magazine to see some coming out in the July/August issue available on the first. Just a few days away, yeah! I've one idea in mind creating one out of paper, but a fabric one could be sort of fun to do as well. I may have to stock up on some iron-on transfer paper to add some interest and flair. But for now, I'm heading to the studio soon as I have some other projects I need to create. So, until next time.... whatever you're working on...... have fun creating! {smiles}

No comments: