Friday, July 21, 2006

For my friends, Rebecca & Michael

Yesterday, I received an email from my dear friend, Rebecca. She informed me that her and Mike are planning and beginning to settle into their lives --- in Georgia!

When I first read her email, my heart sank. Don and I have had the greatest intentions of making it over to Mansfield to see them before the move, but life has happened and one thing after another had gotten in the way. I was sad to realize that we never had more time to spend with one another while they were near. The reasons themselves were many --- living 45 minutes away, me not having a driver's license, work, family, and personal obligations in both of our lives, but I realized we'd both missed out on a wonderful opportunity to get to know one another better.

Then, I realized it isn't over. Rebecca and I can still be the kindred spirits we felt when we first met, sharing our lives, thoughts, and feelings via the internet, email, and our blogs. We're not ending a relationship, we're simply writing a new chapter in our lives!

In Rebecca's words, "It's only 650 miles! Mike and I left a little after 7 in the morning last Sunday and were here late afternoon..." so it's comforting knowing that they are only a day away!!!! And who knows, maybe one day, Don and I will have to make the road trip to visit and they will visit with us here when visiting their families who still live nearby.

For now, I'm grateful that we had the opportunity to meet in the first place. The fact that when we reached out for one another hands, we touched one another's hearts! We connected with one another through our art, our love of scrapbooking, rubberstamping, paper arts and bookarts, and that is one of the aspects of our friendship that will always hold us together. We are now offered the chance to experience so many new opportunities and ways to enrich one another lives, through hand-written letters, trading ATC's, maybe one day a deco exchange --- there are a lots of possibilities here and I solemnly promise to stay in touch, mon ami! {smiles}

Rebecca also provided me with a link to a blog she's started to keep in touch with family and friends. Last night, Don and I sat and read, viewed photographs of their soon-to-be beautiful new home and studio space and suddenly they didn't feel so far away..... for they will always be cherished within our hearts!

No comments: