Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hmmm, getting sidetracked?

Yesterday, I ventured out to the studio with the intention of getting a spool of brown thread, a needle, and a couple of beads so that I could finish sewing on eyes, stuffing, and sewing up the wool felt robin I had created back in April. Upon entering the studio, I couldn't find the needed supplies as we'd recently moved some supplies back out to the studio from the house.

So, I decided to use the process of elimination knowing the items had to be here somewhere.
I set out creating piles of like things, gathering up items by the handfuls, and putting things away. It wasn't very long there after that I could see I had actually clear one of the 3 Lifetime tables of everything! I had to laugh at myself when I realized that to some people this may still look like a huge mess, yet to me, it was PROGRESS!

Feeling happy about my accomplishments so far, I set out to working on the remaining supplies on the next table. Within a few hours, I had cleared all three of the tables of everything except my previously wrapped ribbons. I left them there as the metal shabby chic metal bowl from our Antique Flea Market trip was still in the house along with some recent flea market, antique, and yard sale finds and I knew if I located them someplace else that I'd procrastinate putting them into the bowl.

Looking around the studio, I quickly realized that the top of my bookbinding cabinet had accumulated some clutter in the process, so I worked on clearing it back off. Discovering some 12 x 2 page protector boxes and an entire scrapbook album and paper kit I'd left sitting on the floor behind the counter, I set them on the tables, and went entirely through each and every box. I managed to get rid of 3 of the boxes when I realized one of them would hold the leftover decorations from Amber's baby shower ---- so in it they went!
(The other two, I'll see if Amber can use as they do make nice storage since they were originally used for 12x12 page protectors. I've used them to store layouts when I was in need of a new album and hadn't yet purchased one and I remember her saying she had border stickers that wouldn't fit into the CIS Paper Sticker Binder I'd recently cleared out and given to her so maybe this will work for her for now. Those boxes were set with some storage containers and misc. supplies that I'd set aside for her and the baby shower box and various other leftovers were placed upon a shelf.)

Realizing it was nearly 4 p.m. and that Don would be returning home soon, I headed to the house with the intention of grabbing the broom, dustpan, and vacuum to futher clean up the studio. Upon arriving, Chaos stretched out leisurely as I had awaken him upon my return, so I put him outside for a potty break. That is when I first heard it --- a severe thunderstorm warning for Marion county. As soon as Don arrived, I sought out his assistance to carry the remaining bit of supplies left in the house out to the studio. We made just in time to get Chaos in, the windows in the truck rolled up before the storm began. I sat down on the couch with a Starbuck Frappachino enjoying the fruits of my labor. Happy and content, I realized all that is left to do is to clean off one bookcase located beside my computer of some art library books and a few magazines. Oh happy days!

No comments: