Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunday happenings...

Don and I worked around the house for a bit during the morning hours yesterday, before I set out for the studio. I desired to run the vacaum and sweep the floor with the broom before we put the studio tables and chairs back that we'd recently loaned to Sheila. It didn't take me too long to have everything back in its place and the trash empty when Don assisted me with moving in the tables and chairs. Together we began making plans for the day. {The day was so beautiful in so many ways, the sun was shining brightly with only a few clouds in the sky and the temperate was still climbing making it too hot really for a comfortable stay. I would have loved to have simply spent the day getting lost in my studio, however, I am still hopeful that one day we can pick up a small window air conditioner for the studio.}

Thinking of ways to stay cool, at first I considered going swimming, spending the day at a pool or the beach however a last minute decision lead us to decide to go shopping instead. We really needed to pick up some things for our home, puppy treats and a chew bone for Chaos, so we set out to conquer those errands.

Somehow along the way, we got to talking about Flea Markets when Don mentioned one he'd love to revisit in the Columbus area so off we went to discover it isn't there anymore. This seems to happen quite a bit, although we do manage to find some good ones from time to time.

Giving up the search, we headed into Target, purchased what we needed before both of us got to thinking about eating some food. So, we set out to go to Spaghetti Warehouse for a nice dinner. It's sort of funny the amount of people we run into on our travels here and there, and yesterday was no exception as we chatted with a few other couples who had the same idea. After a lovely dinner, visiting with everyone we'd ran into, we set out to Dick Blick's on Sawmill Road. Don knew that there were a few more of the Cavallini & Company stamp sets that I've had on my wish list for some time, so he offered to purchase a set of them for me. What a wonderful man!

Anyways, this time I passed up the chance for the Paris themed set. Amazing, for me, I know! Instead I decided I'd like to have another set off of my wish list, so I purchased the Rubber Stamps Alphabet Set. I like the old typeface style of this set as it is simply perfect for journaling and adding sentiments to cards, tags, and what have you's. I also could not pass up the opportunity to purchase a 100 sheet count of Canson's Aquarelle Watercolor paper in the Montval style. 100 sheets of pure amazing watercolor paper in a 9 3/8" x 12 1/2" size. I was happy with the possibility of adding some watercolored pages to my scrapbooks as well as a variety of other uses such as journal pages. What truly amazed me more was the price tag! $16 on clearance for a normally $35 loose leaf pad! Whoo-hooo! I'm excited to begin doing some watercoloring once again and working on yet another art journal to bind into my own unique style of a journal!

I also searched high and low for the ever elusive Uniball Signo White Gel Pens. Unfortunately, I'm still searching for them. It seems I've the worst luck with ordering these as everywhere that gets them in sells out of them just as fast! But I know one day, I'll be able to add a few of them to my art supplies. I did however pick up a few of Sanford's Peel Off China Markers in White Blanc to try out. It is more of a pencil than a pen, but I'm certain that I'll fun experimenting and playing with it! {after I do a bit of research for its uses... LOL!} I find nothing more frustrating than trying to use some products to achieve a certain result that they were never intended to produce in the first place; but it's fun experimenting and playing. Who knows, I may just discover something new that I didn't know I could do before. I love how that seems to work!

No comments: