Friday, July 14, 2006

Yesterday got away from me, too...

I somehow managed once again to get sidetracked, LOL! While doing laundry, folding, hanging, and putting things away, I decided to tackle cleaning the laundry room and our bedroom. I can definitely see that it is time once again to go through and weed things out once again, like the closets and dresser drawers. Yikes! A task I never look forward to, so it is easily put off. Deciding to save the majority of it for another day, I moved on into other rooms of our home.

While sweeping, vacuuming and mopping, I had to laugh at myself when I thought it was a shame that Chaos's black dog hair goes to such a waste. There should really be a way to spin it into something.... horse blankets, perhaps? Anyways, I an never left in awe of how much he tends to shed even with daily grooming. Sheeshhh... I just had to drag him home, didn't I? Not that I'd trade in or anything, but somedays it is an very entertaining idea.... Like yesterday while cleaning {wink}.

Figuring that since I'd already missed the 1 o'clock deadline I'd set for myself to make it out to the studio, I may as well rest for a bit before Don returned home and I set out to prepare our dinner. So, I tucked myself in on the loveset with a lightweight blanket, a cup of my favorite tea, and a good book. I read Danielle Steel's book Echoes, after reading Crossings the week before. I love Danielle's writings and have my own collection of her books, many that I've read once and some over and over again.

Shortly before Don was due home, I spent some time with Chaos. Throwing his ball seems to help wear him out a bit and truly a tired lab is a happy one. After washing myself up, I set out to preparing dinner consisting of Shake 'n Baked chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and a california blend vegetable. Dinner was delicious and we enjoyed it along with one another's company. It was actually the calm before the storm as we both underestimated Chaos's strange sense of adventure as he slipped out the back door and off to visit Shawn's dog, Ally. Through the wet, marshy, bog-like grass he trampled, running full speed across the lawns. I quickly grabbed his leash, while Don sprinted for the truck; both of knowing he'd end up in the Church's lawn running himself ragged. Sure enough, I'd venture one way, get within feet of him and he'd dart off in the opposite direction. By this time, Don pulled the truck down the lane leading to the Church's rear parking lot and I hollered at him to try to get Chaos in it with him. All it took was one time of asking Chaos if he wanted to go for a ride and into the truck he went. I swear, it seems some days that there is never a dull moment around here, it is total chaos and commotion! Needless to say, our evening was spent resting and relaxing while Chaos slept from his outdoor adventure.

No comments: