Monday, August 28, 2006

Radiant Pearl backgrounds

Earlier this week, I was bitten by the "I gotta create" bug. Having some mixed emotions regarding the gratitude garland, I decided to wait those feelings out and see what evolved. I considered creating some new faux-postage but the thought of having to drag various rubber and inks into the house only to return and organize them once again later quickly shot down any hopes of that happening. {I really NEED A/C in the studio!}

So, I ventured out to the studio just to see what I could grab to work on inside with the least the amount of supplies needing to be taken inside when I remembered my radiant pearls. I haven't played with these in so long, it took me a moment to remember what supplies I'd need to work with them. One idea after the other emerge, each involving more and more supplies, when it hit me! Just take that pots of radiant pearls and a few sizes of stipple brushes, I could create some backgrounds for artwork to be added onto later. So that is what I did.

These are two large watercolor sheets of paper, both measuring 9 3/8" x 12 1/2" so this is just a sampling of them. Unfortunately the scans of these do not do them any justice and you cannot see the twinklin' radiant effect that they have in reality, but here they are anyways. A blank canvas reading for artwork to be added to. Posted by Picasa

No comments: