Monday, August 28, 2006

Running behind and other artful thoughts....

I haven't made the time to work on my gratitude garland the last two weeks so my goal for this week is to create some new links for it. I believe I stalled with this project after I decided to make the last several links a bit wider and now I'm not so certain that I like it, LOL! I thought about removing them only to later decide to leave it alone and keep adding to it. Perhaps, periodically adding in a wider link or two. I'm certain that it will all work out in the end so I'll continue creating them. So adding to it is one my things to create list for the week. I'm a bit ahead of the game as I've been writing a list of gratitudes as I realize them so coming up with the gratitude itself won't be a problem.

I've also been considering creating something new. Creating either an altered collage playing card deck or an alphabetical collage complete with punctuation and numbers 0-9 . I intend to work on this either once a week or every two weeks. I had this idea that if I started something like this I'd have 52 or more pieces of artwork that I could later add to pages in a handmade book. I realize that I've hesitated to start working on it as I know that the upcoming holiday season will more than likely interfere with my intentions; only to quickly realize that if I don't begin it soon, I probably never will! Therefore, I've decided to dive into creating something of this nature, figuring if I slip up and miss some weeks here and there it wouldn't really matter much to anyone but me.

I have this vision in my head of the type and style of artwork that I'd like to be creating but once I assemble all my supplies and begin to work an entirely new style emerges. Perhaps it is more in my haste to see something actually finished that I end up with some things that aren't what I expect or envision. So, I believe it is time for me to slow down some and take the time necessary to experiment more and play with my ideas. Even if I later decide not to share that artwork with anyone, my goal is to simply improve in my papercrafting, rubberstamping, mixed media skills and assist me to discover just what my own style is. I am really desiring to get those visions out of my head and created onto paper and various other objects, I know that it is there, within me, it is just figuring out how to create it and bring it out. Hopefully, simply creating more and taking more time will assist me with that.

No comments: