Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yippee!!!! I've been rewarded!

LOL! I know that sounds rather strange... but today, Don rewarded me for staying within my self-imposed creative budget with a trip to Columbus. We visited Peabody's Paper in Granville, where I found some amazing imported papers. The sell them there as gift wrap with a smaller price tag per sheet ---- works for me! The store isn't too big, lots of stationery items, cards, and their primary business seems to be on invitations that they design with you. A neat store, anyways. I intend to create a handmade journal, a stationery and note card set for my personal use with the five sheets of papers I purchased.

From there, we ventured over to On Paper on High Street. There I found some of My Mind's Eye Bohemian Collection in Blossom and Bluebird. The products are offered for sale individually, so I was able to pick and choose what I wanted. I also picked up some scallop ovals in a variety of colors, some doo-dads, charms, ect. I did find a cool suitcase...approx. 9x12 in a beautiful light lime green color. I believe I'll use it to store my journal, stationery, notecards, ect. for my own personal use. While browsing the store, I saw a lot of eye candy and jotted down a few sketches while Don drove. There were also some display ideas that would be cool to implement into storage solutions within my own studio --- I'll be creating some sketches of them tonight.

The highlight of my day was a special order purchase that should be shipped to me within a week! I'll post a photo of it when it arrives, along with a link to the manufacturers website which lists stores located by state and a few online ones that carry it! I'm trying really hard not to spill the beans here, I want you to be as surprised my purchase as I am excited about it!!!! I will say that it is something you'll desire once you see it! {I know, I can be such an enabler! It truly works two ways, LOL!}

I also looked at some silk florals to add to my deco cover, however I decided to pass on them and came up with a better idea while browsing. I'll post a picture of it later as I am a bit uncertain if I desire to add it before shipping it out to the other participants or waiting for it to return home to me. I'm thinking later would be best, so it won't get crumpled and smooshed in the process of mailing it around. I also considered posting some pics of my reward for good behavior but I think I'd rather wait and show you what I create with them ---- which most of my readers would prefer, I'm assured. Besides, it will give me something to work on.... I'm so excited! Now, if only some of my orders would show up in my mailbox!!! The anticipation begins........

No comments: