Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Little things...

That is the main focus of my attention lately. Not on what can I purchase, but more on what am I able to do that will assist making our house more warmer, cozier, a place where one desires to rest and relax. I honestly am finding that it is in the simple, mundane, everyday things that I can so easily overlook and take for granted.

Just like today, take making breakfast for instance... I love to make breakfast! Don't ask me what it is about that one meal out of the day but it is my favorite to cook. We don't eat breakfast everyday, maybe 3 or 4 days out of the week, I really want it. Nothing too elaborate, a couple pieces of breakfast meat, either bacon, ham, sausage; some fried potatoes every now and then, and eggs! Add in a couple slices of toast; white or wheat and I'm in heaven! Well, today was no different than any other day that I cook breakfast really but what was different is that I really set the table! Doing that simple act provide both Don and I a more laid-back feeling, not having to feel rushed, just the enjoyment of doing, seeing, and enjoying it that made it special. Maybe because it is the first time in a long time that instead of throwing everything on our plates and taking it to the table, I actually set the table, used additional bowls, plates, and serving utensils, LOL! It was then that I was reminded once again that it is important to take the time to do those little things that make you feel good. Yes, it is a little extra effort... but so worth it in the end.

No comments: