Thursday, October 26, 2006

Crazy life...

I'm thinking there is a female dog in heat nearby. Chaos has been absolutely driving both Don and I bonkers. He has managed to slip out of his collors; well, he actually broke another leather one! {geesh!} and the second slipped out of. Now, I put these collars on him and you'd think that there is no way he's getting out of this one and then, well, Chaos becomes Houdini!!!

On Monday, we chased him in the truck. He managed to run 5 blocks in 5 seconds! Man, can he ever go when he is in "run mode". After finally giving up, returning to the truck, he comes to the truck and jumps in.

Last night, he slipped out of his collar while Don was attempting to bring him into the house. Scoots across the street {be still my heart!} and runs around the neighbors yards for 20-30 minutes. Don hopped in the truck, pulled in the neighbors driveway where Chaos proceeds to come up to the truck twice but turns and runs. Don returned home without the dog. I try to sweet talk him, bribing him with "puppy treats" ect. until I finally give up and tell him I'm going night-night and he'll just have to stay outside all night. I swear this darn dog understands every word I say, so he runs across the street and right into the house.

I am at my wits end with him. He can be so good, so gentle, so loving then in an instance turns into a total terror performing stunts like this. I've never had such a stubborn, bull-headed dog in my life! And honestly don't know what to do about this situation. I am aware of some of the solutions but unfortunately I'm out of financial resources to do anything at the moment... guess I'll just have to keep pulling my hair out with this one, hope he hurries up and grows up and settles the hell down some, and pray he doesn't get hurt while in "run off" mode!

1 comment:

liannallama said...

oh, that dog certainly is a handful! I hope he grows out of it soon for you--those collars must be expensive!