Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Yesterday...

I browsed through my gallery at 2Peas and can honestly say that it was an eye opening experience. I could see my artwork as it grew, evolved, and became; I could see the use of techniques as I learned them, and I could see how I am growing as an artist.

Some of the art that I created to shared there, looks really amateur-ish to me now, LOL! But I had to remind myself that each and every piece was a part of the journey of discovery and learning. As I browsed, and sort of personally critiqued each and every piece, I thought I could have made this better by {insert any variety of techniques here}. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but rather a learning experience. I realized that my artwork can be better if I take more of my time and think through the process as I am working. For quite some time now I've spent years learning techniques, studying and trying out different styles of artwork, that now I believe I am truly ready to begin incorporating them in a variety of ways into other pieces of artwork that I'll create. I noticed that I really need to slow down, to think more, to experiment more, and that a lot of my artwork is pretty but it could be better; some as simply as using a bit more layers in the creation. What an eye-opening experience! {*smile}

No comments: