Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thankfully,

Chaos is worn out from his recent adventures and is sleeping contently at the moment. I browsed online at Flickr today for some shrines and quickly changed my search to assemblage(s) which gave me more results of the nature I was searching for. I saw a lot that inspired me, more things I'd like to create, but nothing that inspired my current shrines.

I'm stumped on what/where to go with these shrines/assemblages. Maybe it just isn't the right time to be thinking about them. I can add the paint to the one and in the meantime simply allow the ideas to brew. I do know that I am desiring some simple found objects for the vintage one. I have the bird, the nest, and a speckled egg. The sheet music for the backdrop. I'm thinking of adding an actual feather somewhere. I'm lost as far as a quote, words, ect. go....... something will come to me, I'm sure.

I did remember that I have a huge pheasant wing in the studio. (Don't ask, LOL!) It was one of those things I seen in a bead, basketweaving store where I purchase my waxed linen thread from and just had to have for its uniqueness. I'm thinking once my assemblage is completed maybe I'll display it on the shelf with the wing beside, behind....

What gets me is I can see in my mind's eye, but not in the details that I need right now. So, I'm waiting.... waiting for the inspiration, the ideas, my muse....... In the meantime, I'm making a list of thoughts and ideas and a few sketches.

No comments: