Monday, October 16, 2006

Did I mention....????

That we were browsing at a new car? Well, not new as in a 2006 or 2007, but new to us one? It was purchased new with one previous owner, a 2004 Ford Taraus. I instantly fell in love with its platinium gold color, small yet roomy interior, the thought of taking Alexxis with us on some of our adventures. Trust me, its hard to fit two adults and an infant in a car seat inside the cab of a Ford Ranger, LOL! Well, anyways, our loan for it fell through!!! I can understand some of the reasons behind it not going through...... as the recently new roofed and vinyl siding on the garage project and the Jeep is through this same company. However, it didn't stop the disappointment for bomb-barding in upon us and the fact that we could have gotten the loan had we be interested in putting the house in for a second mortgage.... uhhhh, "No, Thank you!" So therefore... we're back to working on knocking down the existing loan and trying to save $$$. We really NEED another vehicle but thankfully the truck is hanging in there!

Don has talked about purchasing a rebuilt motor for the Jeep Cherokee, however I, myself, am dead set against it. It's a '92 for crying outloud! It's age isn't the only factor, but the biggest deterant for me. That and the fact that it has been a $$$ pit from the first time we purchased it. However, I felt it sort of ironic that after attempting to obtain the Taurus, I was all for this decision of his to drop another motor in it. It must be the thought of having a vehicle to fall back on in the event that it requires more later, LOL! Isn't that crazy how our minds "justify" things?

3 comments:

Kerilou said...

Oh, I know how that goes! My poor DH has wanted a Harley for a few years now....It is impossible to get a loan for one unless you finance it through Harley Davidson...The prices people are willing to pay for these bikes is alot more than the banks think they are worth! Hang in there, it will get better! kerilou

liannallama said...

Oh, good luck with your car situation. My car's a '99 and I'm scared what I'm going to do when it starts to break down! I can't afford a car payment!

Cathy said...

Sigh. I'm just hoping there is something in store for us and I'm certain when the time is right the opportunity will appear. Somethings are worth waiting for and a vehicle would definately be one of those things!